Intercepting Windows95 Shutdown
Author Message
 Intercepting Windows95 Shutdown

Hello,

I am having problems understanding how to intercept the Windows95 Shutdown
sequence.  I would like to have my app prompt the user for info, if they
shutdown the system.  I have tried using the Shutdown sub after adding the
following:

         RepValue = MdoAddInEvents.ConnectAddInEvents(something goes in
here???)

But I'm not clear on what it is trying to do, or where it should be placed.
 References to this are pretty scarce, and I have not found any sample
source codes with it inside.  If anyone can enlighten me as to what is
happenning here, and what I have to do to get it to work, I would greatly
appreciate it.  Thanks....

Jonathan Cates

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Intercepting Windows95 Shutdown

Quote:

>I am having problems understanding how to intercept the Windows95 Shutdown
>sequence.  I would like to have my app prompt the user for info, if they
>shutdown the system.  I have tried using the Shutdown sub after adding the
>following:

>         RepValue = MdoAddInEvents.ConnectAddInEvents(something goes in
>here???)

>But I'm not clear on what it is trying to do, or where it should be placed.
> References to this are pretty scarce, and I have not found any sample
>source codes with it inside.  If anyone can enlighten me as to what is
>happenning here, and what I have to do to get it to work, I would greatly
>appreciate it.  Thanks....

Look in the help-file. Search for Event Form_QueryUnload.

Rainer

--

PGP 5.0 Public Key. Send Mail with Subject: SendPublicKey

"M?gest Du verflucht sein, in einer interessanten Zeit zu leben" - Confuzius

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Intercepting Windows95 Shutdown

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am having problems understanding how to intercept the Windows95
Shutdown
> sequence.  I would like to have my app prompt the user for info, if they
> shutdown the system.  I have tried using the Shutdown sub after adding
the
> following:

<cut>
It might be a lot easier to just check the UnloadMode parameter in the
Query_Unload event of a form.  It returns different values for an Unload
statement, MDI parent closing, System Shutdown, etc.  You can do what you
need then and even let Cancel=True to abort the shutdown.
--
Please reply through the newsgroup.  The reply e-mail
address is garbage to reduce the spam rate.

Sun, 19 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. windows95 shutdown/wait/restart?

2. Windows95 Shutdown

3. Help! ShutDown Windows95 using VB4

4. Unable to Shutdown Windows95 & reboot via WSH

5. vb4-windows95 shutdown routine

6. Shutdown windows95 in VB?

7. Shutdown Windows95

8. How to Shutdown Windows95