Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."
Author Message
 Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."

        CR is having trouble seeing where my reports are evidently.  That is the
error that it gives me, in any case.  That IS strange though, because it is
"hard coded" somewhat into my code.  Here is the code that is activated on the
button push even to run my Customer report:

Sub cmdCustList_Click ()

    LocText$ = LCase(app.Path)
    If Right$(app.Path, 1) <> "\" Then LocText$ = LocText$ + "\"
    rptCustList.DataFiles(0) = LocText$ + "lawncare.mdb"
    rptCustList.ReportFileName = LocText$ + "cust.rpt"
    rptCustList.Action = 1
End Sub

But, it gives me that error and then gives me the boot out of my program.
STrange....  As you can see, the reports are always where the application and
the mdb file are located, so there should be no question...

Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:56:35 GMT
 Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."
|       CR is having trouble seeing where my reports are evidently.  That is the
| error that it gives me, in any case.  That IS strange though, because it is
| "hard coded" somewhat into my code.  Here is the code that is activated on the
| button push even to run my Customer report:

| Sub cmdCustList_Click ()
|
|     LocText$ = LCase(app.Path)
|     If Right$(app.Path, 1) <> "\" Then LocText$ = LocText$ + "\"
|     rptCustList.DataFiles(0) = LocText$ + "lawncare.mdb"
|     rptCustList.ReportFileName = LocText$ + "cust.rpt"
|     rptCustList.Action = 1
| End Sub

| But, it gives me that error and then gives me the boot out of my program.
| STrange....  As you can see, the reports are always where the application and
| the mdb file are located, so there should be no question...

You shed new light on a problem that has been giving me a "hard time" for a
long time.  I never have seen "hard code".  Thank you for the sample I think
I understand it now.  But this brings up more questions than answers.  I
still don't know what "HARD CODE" means?  Do you have any example of that?

As for the problem..  Does the reports still run in Crystal?  How about
doing a database verify.  Have you tried it without the datafiles(0) to see
if the report name is resolved?

--

// Ian (McYork)
If Comments = True then "Great" else "Disclaim"

Sun, 14 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."

Quote:

>Subject: Re: Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."
>Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 07:00:53 GMT

>|       CR is having trouble seeing where my reports are evidently.  That is the
>| error that it gives me, in any case.  That IS strange though, because it is
>| "hard coded" somewhat into my code.  Here is the code that is activated on the
>| button push even to run my Customer report:
>| But, it gives me that error and then gives me the boot out of my program.
>| STrange....  As you can see, the reports are always where the application and
>| the mdb file are located, so there should be no question...

One thing that you might look at is the database file location. Select
database from the crystal reports menu then select file location. This will
show you where your report is looking for the database. since you are hard
coding the location, make sure the path to the db is relative and not absolute.
This solution rectified a problem that I had.

||||   |||||||||||||||||   |||||||       |||||||||

Sun, 14 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."

Quote:

>    CR is having trouble seeing where my reports are evidently.  That is the
>error that it gives me, in any case.  That IS strange though, because it is
>"hard coded" somewhat into my code.  Here is the code that is activated on the
>button push even to run my Customer report:

[code deleted]

>But, it gives me that error and then gives me the boot out of my program.
>STrange....  As you can see, the reports are always where the application and
>the mdb file are located, so there should be no question...

A question:  Did you recently upgrade the the Jet engine?  Memory's foggy
on this, but when I did, I believe I had to load and re-save every single
report to prevent the same error.  Also, make sure that the database name
in the report doesn't include any directory information.  The default does.

John Reynolds

Sun, 14 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."

Quote:

>    CR is having trouble seeing where my reports are evidently.  That is the
>error that it gives me, in any case.  That IS strange though, because it is
>"hard coded" somewhat into my code.  Here is the code that is activated on the
>button push even to run my Customer report:

>Sub cmdCustList_Click ()

>    LocText$ = LCase(app.Path)
>    If Right$(app.Path, 1) <> "\" Then LocText$ = LocText$ + "\"
>    rptCustList.DataFiles(0) = LocText$ + "lawncare.mdb"
>    rptCustList.ReportFileName = LocText$ + "cust.rpt"
>    rptCustList.Action = 1
>End Sub

>But, it gives me that error and then gives me the boot out of my program.
>STrange....  As you can see, the reports are always where the application and
>the mdb file are located, so there should be no question...

Why not use the menu option that instructs Crystal Reports to find your reports in
the the same directory as your application by default ?.  If you have trouble finding
the option, look it up or email me. :->

Darryl

Darryl Shields                          Phone: +61 6 276 6278
IT Services Branch                      Fax  : +61 6 276 6536

Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:51:31 GMT
 Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."

Quote:

>Subject: Re: Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."
>Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 02:51:31 GMT

>>       CR is having trouble seeing where my reports are evidently.  That is the
>>error that it gives me, in any case.  That IS strange though, because it is
>>"hard coded" somewhat into my code.  Here is the code that is activated on the
>>button push even to run my Customer report:

>>Sub cmdCustList_Click ()

>>    LocText$ = LCase(app.Path)
>>    If Right$(app.Path, 1) <> "\" Then LocText$ = LocText$ + "\"
>>    rptCustList.DataFiles(0) = LocText$ + "lawncare.mdb"
>>    rptCustList.ReportFileName = LocText$ + "cust.rpt"
>>    rptCustList.Action = 1
>>End Sub

>>But, it gives me that error and then gives me the boot out of my program.
>>STrange....  As you can see, the reports are always where the application and
>>the mdb file are located, so there should be no question...
>Why not use the menu option that instructs Crystal Reports to find your reports in
>the the same directory as your application by default ?.  If you have trouble finding
>the option, look it up or email me. :->
>Darryl

I did that, but I got the same error.  But, the problems has been averted
because I solved it.  What the prob was, when I installed the Compatilblity
Layer, I didn't edit my setupkit.ini file with the new Crystal DLL's.  Did
that and it worked.  (It still helps to specify the file location as same as
the report location though...)

Mon, 15 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports "Load report failed"

2. Crystal Reports "Report Designer Component"

3. "Report not found"

4. Crystal Reports "Unable to open database"

5. Crystal Reports "keep together"

6. Crystal Report install "instmsiw.exe" error

7. "Crystal report 4.6 "

8. Crystal Report "unable to open database"

9. Help-"Error5-Logon Failed"-HELP PLease!!!!!!-Crystal Report

10. Crystal Report on "NON NT" systems

11. crystal report "Out of stack" error

12. Database object "MEMO" and Crystal Reports