Stream Video: Web to Desktop App?
Author Message
 Stream Video: Web to Desktop App?

Hello.

I have an app and I'd like to require that the user be online at a certain
point, then click a button that would connect the Windows Media Player Control
to a hardcoded website and stream an .mpg file.

The MediaPlayer control has a .BaseURL field which I've set, and then set the
MediaPlayer.FileName property to the .mpg. But then MediaPlayer.Play fails,
giving me error code 80004005 ( Method 'Play' of object 'IMediaPlayer2'
failed).

Regarding the error message, I can't find it on MSKB, and I have no idea at
what point my MediaPlayer1 control becomes IMediaPlayer2.

Can anyone guide me to some resources that would explain how I accomplish my
task?

Thanks in advance,
HM

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 02:26:05 GMT

1. Stream Video From Internet To Desktop App?

2. Code for both desktop app, and web

3. integration of vb desktop app and a asp web based data entry screen to same db

4. DX9 - Playing a streaming sound from a memory stream (not file stream)

5. Pocket PC Video Live Streaming

6. Streaming video or audio

7. Streaming Video in VB

8. streaming real audio and video?

9. video streaming

10. Streaming Audio/Video (system impact question)

11. Serial Port Commuication / Streaming Video - Assistance Needed

12. Video Streaming OCX over TCP/IP ?