'Disk or Network Error'
Author Message
 'Disk or Network Error'

I keep getting the error, "Disk or Network
Error", whenever I try to access a form in my project (at run-time)
that has data controls on it. I recently moved from Win95 to NT4 for
development. I still distribute on Win95 and this is where the
error occurs. I've read in MS's KB that I need to set the
enviroment variable, "c:\winnt35\temp" but I'm not distributing
in NT. If I try to set the variable with the same statement as
above in Win95, Win95 defaults to it's own, "c:\windows\temp."

BTW, I never had this problem until I moved to NT. MS's KB says
it's related to NT. Any suggestions? Please send a reply to me ( not just
the newsgroup).
Thanks,
Brett

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 'Disk or Network Error'

says...

Quote:

>I keep getting the error, "Disk or Network
>Error", whenever I try to access a form in my project (at run-time)
>that has data controls on it. I recently moved from Win95 to NT4 for
>development. I still distribute on Win95 and this is where the
>error occurs. I've read in MS's KB that I need to set the
>enviroment variable, "c:\winnt35\temp" but I'm not distributing
>in NT. If I try to set the variable with the same statement as
>above in Win95, Win95 defaults to it's own, "c:\windows\temp."

>BTW, I never had this problem until I moved to NT. MS's KB says
>it's related to NT. Any suggestions? Please send a reply to me ( not just
>the newsgroup).
>Thanks,
>Brett

Make sure you delete all .TMP files in your temp directory.  Sometimes their
presence causes the above error.  I used to get this so often that I made an
icon for my desktop that deletes everything in my temp directory.

Bob

Sun, 03 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time error 3043 'Disk or Network error'

2. : Access / VB 'Disk or Network Error' Solution (NT)

3. disk full '''!!!!

4. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

5. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

6. I'm looking for VB 3 Pro's #8 install disk

7. POP Package's for floppy disks/CD's

8. setup.exe failure: 'insert disk 0'

9. Runtime error ''800a01b6''

10. Error 3043: "Disk or Network error"

11. Database error 3043 Disk or Network error

12. Help with -- Error 3043: Disk or Network error