Transferring a VB5 project to another PC : COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded
Author Message
 Transferring a VB5 project to another PC : COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded

When transferring a project in VB5 from one PC to another, I get severel
error messages like

COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded
RICHT32.OCX could not be loaded

If I continue loading, several control are replaced by pictureboxes.

I have installed SP3 and ran vbcompfix. The problem still remains.

Any help would be appreciated.. I'm desperate.

Rudi

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Transferring a VB5 project to another PC : COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded

Quote:

>When transferring a project in VB5 from one PC to another, I get severel
>error messages like

>COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded
>RICHT32.OCX could not be loaded

>If I continue loading, several control are replaced by pictureboxes.

>I have installed SP3 and ran vbcompfix. The problem still remains.

>Any help would be appreciated.. I'm desperate.

>Rudi

When this problem occurs (and it occurs almost every time you move a project
between machines), do the following:

1) Open the project on the new machine.
2) Make note of which OCXes, DLLes, etc, could not be loaded.
3) When the project has fully loaded, set references / components to the
proper OCXes, DLLes, etc.
4) Under the 'File' menu, choose 'Open Project'.  A list of all the files in
your current project which had changed will pop up.  Make sure that -only-
the .vbp (or .vbg) file is selected; deselect all forms, etc.  Then save.
5) When the common dialog pops up, asking you to pick a project, pick your
project again.  It should now reload fine.

This assumes, of course, that you have the proper OCXes, DLLes, etc, on the
target machine; if on your first machine, you had Microsoft Windows Common
Controls 6.0 selected, it isn't going to help you to select Microsoft
Windows Common Controls 5.0 (SP2), for instance.

If you've already saved your project with the
pictureboxes-replacing-controls, you either need to a) reload from the
original machine, or b) replace the pictureboxes by hand.  Nothing can undo
it.  One of the sillier things in VB.

HTH
--
Colin McGuigan

Take off 'mypants!' to reply

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. comctl32.ocx cannot be loaded...continue loading project?

2. ocx coud not loaded - does it continue loading project

3. COMCTL32.OCX cannot be loaded (VB5)

4. Microsoft VB5 problem loading comctl32.ocx

5. comctl32.ocx not loading

6. 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

7. COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded

8. comctl32.ocx could not be loaded

9. COMCTL32.OCX Could Not Be Loaded

10. comctl32.ocx not loaded problem

11. vb5 comctl32.dep for comctl32.ocx (version 5.00.3828)

12. Getting Class not registered on comctl32.ocx in VB5