Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 (where?)
Author Message
 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 (where?)

I'm trying to find the VB5 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 and have been
unsucceful, yet I read at some pages that one does exist. Unfortunately, the
links take me nowhere.

Anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks.

Rick

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:09:11 GMT
 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 (where?)
Do you mean "Visual Basic 5.0 Resource Editor" ?
I've download it some time ago from one of Microsoft's download sites. The
file (507kb) you have to search for is called "ResEditI.exe".

Johan.

| I'm trying to find the VB5 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 and have been
| unsucceful, yet I read at some pages that one does exist. Unfortunately,
the
| links take me nowhere.
|
| Anyone know where I can get it?
|
| Thanks.
|
| Rick

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:58:34 GMT
 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 (where?)
Not sure. Would this Editor produce the .RES files I need from .RC files?
I'm running VB5 on Windows 2000, which doesn't use Dos. So I cannot put up a
Dos window to run RC.EXE. Instead, I have to do this from the START|RUN
command line, which is a bit awkward because I can't see any errors as it
just flashes when you run it. All I can hope for is to see if a RES file
pops up in my directory.

So a nice Windows app Resource compiler would be nice if one is out there,
and I read something that VB6 comes with it built-in and VB5 had an add-in.

Thank you.

--
Cheers!

Rick J. Ratchford
http://fdates.com
http://fsoftpublishing.com
http://futures.ws

Quote:
> Do you mean "Visual Basic 5.0 Resource Editor" ?
> I've download it some time ago from one of Microsoft's download sites. The
> file (507kb) you have to search for is called "ResEditI.exe".

> Johan.

> | I'm trying to find the VB5 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 and have
been
> | unsucceful, yet I read at some pages that one does exist. Unfortunately,
> the
> | links take me nowhere.
> |
> | Anyone know where I can get it?
> |
> | Thanks.
> |
> | Rick

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:07:40 GMT
 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 (where?)
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:07:40 GMT, "Fdate Trading"

Quote:
>Not sure. Would this Editor produce the .RES files I need from .RC files?
>I'm running VB5 on Windows 2000, which doesn't use Dos. So I cannot put up a
>Dos window to run RC.EXE. Instead, I have to do this from the START|RUN
>command line, which is a bit awkward because I can't see any errors as it
>just flashes when you run it. All I can hope for is to see if a RES file
>pops up in my directory.

>So a nice Windows app Resource compiler would be nice if one is out there,
>and I read something that VB6 comes with it built-in and VB5 had an add-in.

>Thank you.
>--
>Cheers!

The VB Resource Compiler will work from scratch. I don't know about
compiling from .RC files, but ...

You can get to a DOS prompt from Win2K by clicking 'Start->Run', and
typing in 'CMD'.

        HTH,

        J.
        Jeremiah D. Seitz
        Porch karaoke king and the guy who runs with 8< scissors >8
        Omega Techware
        http://omegatechware.hypermart.net

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:54:49 GMT
 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 (where?)
The "VB Resource (RES) Editor" becomes available as an Add-In.
You can edit an existing .res file, and also create a new .res file
directly, skipping the '.rc -step'. So you don't need to compile using
rc.exe.

I've searched Microsoft's site, but couldn't find it. If you sent me your
e-mail address, I'll sent it to you.

Johan.

| Not sure. Would this Editor produce the .RES files I need from .RC files?
| I'm running VB5 on Windows 2000, which doesn't use Dos. So I cannot put up
| Dos window to run RC.EXE. Instead, I have to do this from the START|RUN
| command line, which is a bit awkward because I can't see any errors as it
| just flashes when you run it. All I can hope for is to see if a RES file
| pops up in my directory.
|
| So a nice Windows app Resource compiler would be nice if one is out there,
| and I read something that VB6 comes with it built-in and VB5 had an
add-in.

| Thank you.
|

| --
| Cheers!
|
| Rick J. Ratchford
| http://fdates.com
| http://fsoftpublishing.com
| http://futures.ws
|

| > Do you mean "Visual Basic 5.0 Resource Editor" ?
| > I've download it some time ago from one of Microsoft's download sites.
The
| > file (507kb) you have to search for is called "ResEditI.exe".
| >
| > Johan.
| >

| > | I'm trying to find the VB5 Resource Compiler Add-In for VB5 and have
| been
| > | unsucceful, yet I read at some pages that one does exist.
Unfortunately,
| > the
| > | links take me nowhere.
| > |
| > | Anyone know where I can get it?
| > |
| > | Thanks.
| > |
| > | Rick
| > |
| > |
| > |

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:38:34 GMT

1. Need Resource file editor/compiler Add-in for VB5

2. How do I add network resources to treeview in VB5

3. Resource editor add-in for VB5

4. VBA compiler VS VB5 compiler?

5. Adding resources to Global Resource Pool

6. adding resources to the resource sheet in ms project using vba

7. Resource Compiler Error

8. Usage of 16 bit resource compiler

9. VB4 : resource compiler needed !

10. Resource compiler error

11. Resource Compiler

12. Looking for a shareware resource compiler