Win32 GetUsername() and login script
Author Message
 Win32 GetUsername() and login script

I'm trying to write a program that runs when a user logs in (it's part of their
login script).  It uses username information obtained from GetUsername().
Unfortunately, it appears that this isn't set until part way through the login
process, and I get non-zero return codes from GetUsername().

There are two windows that come up during login:  one that tells the user that
they've successfully logged on, and a second that asks them whether they want
to save their profile.  Until they're done, GetUsername returns nothing.

The only idea I've had is to try and send messages to these two windows,
clicking the appropriate button on each.  Unfortunately, I've been unable to
find out how to determine the hWnd of the buttons I want to click.

John Harres

Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. .NET Script Host available from Win32 Scripting!

2. New functionality add to the Script Repository at win32 scripting

3. Help: Getting GetUserName from a client-sided script?

4. vbscript login scripts - starting a script from the Windows 95 command prompt

5. Script to remove login script by OU.

6. Top 5 downloads last week at Win32 Scripting

7. New and improved stuff at Win32 Scripting!!!!

8. Top 5 downloads last week at Win32 Scripting

9. Site devoted solely to scripting under Win32

10. Global templates and login scripts

11. VBScript NT Login Script - checking for group membership

12. Login Script