Suddenly started getting VB5 Unexpected error message
Author Message
 Suddenly started getting VB5 Unexpected error message

I have suddenly started getting the Unexpected error message referenced
in the VB 4.0 KB article. I have never had VB 4.0 on this machine, only
VB 3.0. I have installed Office 95 since intalling VB 5.0 Enterprise.
Removing and reinstalling VB 5.0 did not work. Anyone had this problem
and fixed it? TIA.

Jim

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Suddenly started getting VB5 Unexpected error message

Quote:
> I have suddenly started getting the Unexpected error message referenced
> in the VB 4.0 KB article. I have never had VB 4.0 on this machine, only
> VB 3.0. I have installed Office 95 since intalling VB 5.0 Enterprise.
> Removing and reinstalling VB 5.0 did not work. Anyone had this problem
> and fixed it? TIA.

> Jim

        I did have a similar problem with VB5 and NT, unless I'm logged on as
someone with administrator access VB won't boot (Unexpected error). Also I
noticed the color scheme is different; more of a blue tint, then the
regular purely hue.

        For while nothing would work, a few reinstalls seemed to fix something.

--
Jon Clegg

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Suddenly started getting VB5 Unexpected error message

Quote:

>    I did have a similar problem with VB5 and NT, unless I'm logged on as
>someone with administrator access VB won't boot (Unexpected error). Also I
>noticed the color scheme is different; more of a blue tint, then the
>regular purely hue.

I looked up the previous articles concerning this issue on dejanews and
tried all of the suggested fixes other than reformatting my drive. Logging
in as Admin did not change anything, nor did registering the OCXs or
removing and reinstalling. This has been turned into MS as a bug in VB5.0.

Cheers,

Jim

Tue, 02 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unexpected error message--JB6 won'T start

2. Unexpected error message on program start

3. Unexpected Error; Quitting when starting VB5 enterprise

4. Req: Help needed with error message UNEXPECTED ERROR

5. Req: Help needed with error message UNEXPECTED ERROR

6. Error message when starting VB5

7. Unexpected Error During Program Start

8. unexpected error message

9. "unexpected error;quitting" message

10. 50003 Unexpected error, totaly unexpected, but why?

11. VB4 and VB5 and maybe NT4 together gives Unexpected Error

12. Unexpected error (Code 50003) in VB5.