I need big time help with graphics
Author Message
 I need big time help with graphics

Michel,

I recommend that you look at the PaintPicture method. You can shoehorn a bitmap into a smaller resolution by using the
destination width and height optional parameters. You just have to be conscious of the source and target scalewidth and
scaleheight properties.

It also allows "selecting" the source image's area using the source X,Y and width,height parameters. I make no
guarantees on the quality of the resulting image. I confess, I have not looked at your code, but if you are using
PictureBoxes, the PaintPicture method will work, if not well.

Good Luck

Norm Fenlason
ENSCO Inc.

Quote:

> I understand Visual Basic 6 enough but when it comes to graphics - big
> time problems!

> I am trying to create a program that will load any picture (gif, jpg,
> bmp) and show it in it's actual size.  - This works!

> Now I need it to resize to VGA - Example if the pic's dimensions are 512
> (width) by 768 (height) it should then change to 320 (width) by 480
> (height).  It must keep its dimensions!

> Does anyone out there know grphics???

> I've searched thousands of sites and no one no where does this.

> I will need to also trim a picture.  (If the pic contains writing on the
> side, bottom, top, I want to be able to cut that away, then resize the
> picture to VGA).

> I am attaching what I have done so far.  (4 attachments)

> Please help!

>   ------------------------------------------------------------

>                       Name: Project1.vbp
>    Project1.vbp       Type: Visual Basic Project (application/x-unknown-content-type-VisualBasic.Project)
>                   Encoding: base64

>                       Name: Project1.vbw
>    Project1.vbw       Type: Visual Basic Project Workspace (application/x-unknown-content-type-VisualBasic.VBWFile)
>                   Encoding: base64

>                     Name: WinBMP.frm
>    WinBMP.frm       Type: Visual Basic Form File (application/x-unknown-content-type-VisualBasic.Form)
>                 Encoding: base64

>                        Name: WinBmpMod.bas
>    WinBmpMod.bas       Type: Visual Basic Module (application/x-unknown-content-type-VisualBasic.Module)
>                    Encoding: base64

Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie needs Big Time Help!!!

2. BIG TIME HELP NEEDED ASAP

3. Big Time Help Needed...!!

4. NEED BIG TIME HELP USING RegEnumValue function (Win32API) !!!!

5. NEED BIG TIME HELP USING RegEnumValue function (Win32API) !!!!

6. NEED BIG TIME HELP USING RegEnumValue function (Win32API) !!!!

7. NEED BIG TIME HELP USING RegEnumValue function (Win32API) !!!!

8. Need big help for big problem

9. {Need Help Big Project Need Help}

10. Big Help Needed

11. Big Help needed