Winsock DataArrival, socket closing and can't GetData before receiving all the data
Author Message
 Winsock DataArrival, socket closing and can't GetData before receiving all the data

When I am in a DataArrival function, performing a GetData, the machine
at the other end of the connection closes the socket, which sets the
socket state to 8.  Since the state is set to 8, GetData fails to read
the rest of the socket information.

I have verified that the data *is* actually getting sent to my machine,
by using a packet-sniffer, but VisualBasic is unable to read it because
it thinks the socket is closed.

What is the correct way to proceed????

HELP!

Software Engineer     http://www.*-*-*.com/               Atlanta, GA

Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Winsock.ocx | After GetData, DataArrival gets fired immediatelly (loop)

2. Winsock Close before DataArrival problem

3. Winsock Close before DataArrival problem

4. Winsock Close before DataArrival problem

5. In DataArrival GetData and BytesTotal mismatch

6. socket.receive fails to receive

7. Winsock.bas Closing Socket?

8. DataArrival in a socket array...

9. 'Canned' data in VB program

10. Winsock control SendData() doesn't if ConnectRequest received

11. winsock GetData

12. problem with winsock getdata