lines/listbox/zorder ?
Author Message
 lines/listbox/zorder ?

Greetings All, Trying to draw a line inside a list box with no success.
Ive tried setting line1(index).zorder 0 and list1.zorder to 1. Aslo
tried using Vb menu command of sendto front/back. No luck here....Hows
this done? Has anyone a short example? Thanks in advance.
-mitch

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 lines/listbox/zorder ?

Quote:
>Greetings All, Trying to draw a line inside a list box with no success.
>Ive tried setting line1(index).zorder 0 and list1.zorder to 1. Aslo
>tried using Vb menu command of sendto front/back. No luck here....Hows
>this done? Has anyone a short example? Thanks in advance.
>-mitch

 Mitch,

Why are you trying to draw a line inside a listbox?? To separate certain entries or what??  How about creating multiple list
boxes and let the form itself act as a divider.

-Richard

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 lines/listbox/zorder ?
Richard,
    I want to achieve the msFlexGrid look, without using that control. I have a function that can take a delimited string, and
write it to columns, just thought It would look nicer if it had the appearence of seperated fields and rows. Dont want the
addional overhead of more controls. Ive seen some controls, one is Mabry's listbox control, thats close to what I want.Wonder
how its done?

-mitch

Quote:

> >Greetings All, Trying to draw a line inside a list box with no success.
> >Ive tried setting line1(index).zorder 0 and list1.zorder to 1. Aslo
> >tried using Vb menu command of sendto front/back. No luck here....Hows
> >this done? Has anyone a short example? Thanks in advance.
> >-mitch

>  Mitch,

> Why are you trying to draw a line inside a listbox?? To separate certain entries or what??  How about creating multiple list
> boxes and let the form itself act as a divider.

> -Richard

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 lines/listbox/zorder ?
Okay ... then the only thing I know to say is to find your control that most closely fits to what you need.  If you have
access to it, take a look at the ListView control.  While I have never attempted to display lines within the control, there
might be a property that will create grid lines (I don't know about that).  I do know that the ListView control, provided
with VB4 and VB5 will give a columnar layout of data though.

Hope this helps.
-Richard

Quote:

>Richard,
>    I want to achieve the msFlexGrid look, without using that control. I have a function that can take a delimited string,
and
>write it to columns, just thought It would look nicer if it had the appearence of seperated fields and rows. Dont want the
>addional overhead of more controls. Ive seen some controls, one is Mabry's listbox control, thats close to what I
want.Wonder
>how its done?

>-mitch

>> >Greetings All, Trying to draw a line inside a list box with no success.
>> >Ive tried setting line1(index).zorder 0 and list1.zorder to 1. Aslo
>> >tried using Vb menu command of sendto front/back. No luck here....Hows
>> >this done? Has anyone a short example? Thanks in advance.
>> >-mitch

>>  Mitch,

>> Why are you trying to draw a line inside a listbox?? To separate certain entries or what??  How about creating multiple
list
>> boxes and let the form itself act as a divider.

>> -Richard

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. display problem with listBox (zorder?)

2. ActiveX Ctrl/Listbox/Zorder

3. Zorder of lines and labels

4. flegrid and Line and Zorder

5. How to make (DB)ListBox show 2 fields per line (1 line = 1 record)

6. How to make (DB)ListBox show 2 fields per line (1 line = 1 record)

7. How to make (DB)ListBox show 2 fields per line (1 line = 1 record)

8. coloring lines in a listbox

9. Word 2K Add lines to listbox

10. Lines in ListBox Control

11. How to display one record on one line in a listbox

12. How to get the index of a ListBox item which is surrounded with a dotted line