Help using existing FoxPro or Dbase Indexes with VB5
Author Message
 Help using existing FoxPro or Dbase Indexes with VB5

Many of our existing applications use Foxpro data (and indexes).
Despite the sea of information that exists on DAO, I'm having trouble
finding information about the steps to load and manipulate Foxpro

The documentation has several examples on how to create indexes, but
none on how to access existing indexes, particularly ones that lack a
corresponding FoxPro .DBC (database) file.  In FoxPro I would simply
issue the following commands:

USE quote INDEX quote1 IN SELECT(1)
SET ORDER TO clientnum IN quote

I would really appreciate any assistance or references anyone might
have regarding accessing ISAM data from either FoxPro or Dbase.

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help using Dbase or FoxPro Indexes

2. Using DBase III index in VB5

3. dBase / FoxPro / ISAMs / Indexes and related problems.

4. dBASE III/IV & FoxPro Index files

5. Accessing existing dBase 5.0 Index files(mdx)

6. Help using indexes with FoxPro ISAM

7. Please Help!!!! Trouble creating/using dbase III indexes

8. PLEASE HELP - Indexes Creating CDX files for FoxPro 2.x DBF's Using VB4.0

9. FoxPro Data Table & Indexes With VB5

10. Opening a FoxPro index in VB5

11. Help with using Visual Foxpro in VB5.0

12. VB4.0 16-bit using dBase III Indexes