Is it under Windows 95/NT4.0 also possible to flash only the taskbar button
Author Message
 Is it under Windows 95/NT4.0 also possible to flash only the taskbar button

In Windows 98/2000/XP there is the possibility to flash either the
titlebar or the taskbar button or both. You can do it with:

  Private Declare Function FlashWindowEx Lib "user32" (pfwi As FlashSet)
As Boolean

  Flash.dwFlags = &H1                       '* Titlebar
  Flash.dwFlags = &H2                       '* Taskbar Button
  Flash.dwFlags = &H3                       '* Titlebar and Taskbar Button
  FlashWindowEx Flash

Unfortunately the function FlashWindowEX does not exist under Windows
95/NT4.0. Therefore you have to use the function FlashWindow:

  Private Declare Function FlashWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long,
ByVal bInvert As Long) As Long

  Flash_Timer.Enabled = True

  Private Sub Flash_Timer_Timer()
    Call FlashWindow(Me.hWnd, 1)
  End Sub

Call FlashWindow(Me.hWnd, 1) flashes the Titlebar AND the Taskbar
Button.
Does anyone know if there's also any possibility to flash only the
Taskbar Button under Windows 95/NT4.0?

Any help and information are very appreciated
Stefan

PS: Does also anyone know how to figure out if the flashing program has
been clicked so I can stop the flashing program with Flash_Timer.Enabled
= False?

Thu, 27 May 2004 04:06:05 GMT
 Is it under Windows 95/NT4.0 also possible to flash only the taskbar button
Maybe you could check to see if the program has recieved focus?

Whitt Batcheler

www.whittweb.net

Quote:
> In Windows 98/2000/XP there is the possibility to flash either the
> titlebar or the taskbar button or both. You can do it with:

>   Private Declare Function FlashWindowEx Lib "user32" (pfwi As FlashSet)
> As Boolean

>   Flash.dwFlags = &H1 '* Titlebar
>   Flash.dwFlags = &H2 '* Taskbar Button
>   Flash.dwFlags = &H3 '* Titlebar and Taskbar Button
>   FlashWindowEx Flash

> Unfortunately the function FlashWindowEX does not exist under Windows
> 95/NT4.0. Therefore you have to use the function FlashWindow:

>   Private Declare Function FlashWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long,
> ByVal bInvert As Long) As Long

>   Flash_Timer.Enabled = True

>   Private Sub Flash_Timer_Timer()
>     Call FlashWindow(Me.hWnd, 1)
>   End Sub

> Call FlashWindow(Me.hWnd, 1) flashes the Titlebar AND the Taskbar
> Button.
> Does anyone know if there's also any possibility to flash only the
> Taskbar Button under Windows 95/NT4.0?

> Any help and information are very appreciated
> Stefan

> PS: Does also anyone know how to figure out if the flashing program has
> been clicked so I can stop the flashing program with Flash_Timer.Enabled
> = False?

Sat, 29 May 2004 04:07:37 GMT
 Is it under Windows 95/NT4.0 also possible to flash only the taskbar button
Yep, I already tried it, but there's unfortunately no focus.
I'm right, you mean
  Private Sub Form_GotFocus()
?

Stefan

Quote:

> Maybe you could check to see if the program has recieved focus?

> Whitt Batcheler

> www.whittweb.net

> > In Windows 98/2000/XP there is the possibility to flash either the
> > titlebar or the taskbar button or both. You can do it with:

> >   Private Declare Function FlashWindowEx Lib "user32" (pfwi As FlashSet)
> > As Boolean

> >   Flash.dwFlags = &H1 '* Titlebar
> >   Flash.dwFlags = &H2 '* Taskbar Button
> >   Flash.dwFlags = &H3 '* Titlebar and Taskbar Button
> >   FlashWindowEx Flash

> > Unfortunately the function FlashWindowEX does not exist under Windows
> > 95/NT4.0. Therefore you have to use the function FlashWindow:

> >   Private Declare Function FlashWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long,
> > ByVal bInvert As Long) As Long

> >   Flash_Timer.Enabled = True

> >   Private Sub Flash_Timer_Timer()
> >     Call FlashWindow(Me.hWnd, 1)
> >   End Sub

> > Call FlashWindow(Me.hWnd, 1) flashes the Titlebar AND the Taskbar
> > Button.
> > Does anyone know if there's also any possibility to flash only the
> > Taskbar Button under Windows 95/NT4.0?

> > Any help and information are very appreciated
> > Stefan

> > PS: Does also anyone know how to figure out if the flashing program has
> > been clicked so I can stop the flashing program with Flash_Timer.Enabled
> > = False?

Sat, 29 May 2004 15:19:21 GMT

1. Help: Make the Windows 95 Taskbar Disappear

2. Windows 95 Taskbar

3. VB programs with Windows 95 - Icon on taskbar

4. Windows 95 Taskbar

5. Windows 95 Taskbar.

6. Windows 95 Taskbar

7. Icons on Taskbar with Windows 95

8. Need form to behave like Windows 95 Taskbar.

9. Windows 95 taskbar

10. How to hide the taskbar of Windows 95 with VB4

11. Need form to behave like Windows 95 Taskbar.

12. Windows 95 Taskbar