256 color palette with VB controls
Author Message
 256 color palette with VB controls

All,

I'm loading a 256-color bitmap onto a form using the Form's Picture
property. I then want to use some of the colors from that bitmap as
the BackColor of some of the controls. However, the colors I get are
not solid--they're dithered. I then tried using the Win API Palette
calls to create a custom palette that had these specific colors.
Still, I get dithered colors.

Is there no way to use a custom color (solid) on a VB control? How
would one do it? How does one use the PALETTERGB method, to set a
color such as &H02ADDEFF&. When I set BackColor to this value, I
always get "Invalid Property Value". In Windows doc., it states to use
02 as the first byte to use the custom palette.

I'm in great need to get this resolved. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Seth Yates

Tue, 07 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Coloring a control from a 256-Color palette

2. Coloring a control from a 256-Color palette

3. Change Screen Color Palette from 256 to hi-color in VB

4. Using 256 color Palettes in High/True Color

5. choose a color in a 256 color palette ?

6. Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color

7. color palette not accessible in 256+ color settings

8. Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color

9. Help! VB's Palette at 256 Colors

10. 256 Color Palette

11. halftone palette/256 colors

12. Custom 256-color palettes - how??