User Control Properties
Author Message
 User Control Properties

Quote:

>I have a very simple user control. It is a blank white form. Its purpose is
>to server as "digital paper" onto which notes will be written. The writing of
>the notes was accomplished easily. However, I am unable to access the
>controls Image property from the parent form. A compile error: method or data
>member not found: is generated. How do I get a handle on this property. I
>need to do somehting like the following.

>savePicture ink1.Image, "C:\.......
>ink1 is the name of the control, this is the line generating the error

>thanks in advance for your help

Is ink1 a control or a form?  If its a control on a form (#2) and you
are trying to access it from another form (#1) , then you should
use...

savePicture form2.ink1.Image, "C:\.......

Barry

Barry
eggers1 AT tsil DOT net

Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 User Control Properties

Quote:
>However, I am unable to access the
>controls Image property from the parent form.

You must expose the Image property, as a public property of your control.

Just the same as you cannot access Private subroutines and variables, from
outside the same module.

DoDi

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem binding a dataset to an user control property

2. Adding a user control property thats a class or structure

3. User Control Property Page

4. User Control Properties

5. Suppressing User Control Properties

6. User Control Properties (How To...)

7. Special user control property's type

8. user control - property

9. User Control properties

10. Exposing User Control Properties w/in DataRepeater

11. User Control Property Persistence - WriteProperties Event Not Firing???

12. Collections as User Control Properties