Run-Time Control Array of Option Buttons w/in Frames
Author Message
 Run-Time Control Array of Option Buttons w/in Frames

When I load and make controls in control arrays (VB40 consisting only
of frames and option buttons) visible, the frames and option buttons
are added to the form. However the option buttons are added into the
first frame [frame(0)] instead of the new, dynamically built frames.
Is there something that needs to be specified to ensure the option
buttons are added to the correct frame?

I appreciate any of your help.
Thanks,
Brent

Sun, 07 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-Time Control Array of Option Buttons w/in Frames

(Brent D. or Lisa M. Eggleston) threw this at us:

Quote:
>When I load and make controls in control arrays (VB40 consisting only
>of frames and option buttons) visible, the frames and option buttons
>are added to the form. However the option buttons are added into the
>first frame [frame(0)] instead of the new, dynamically built frames.
>Is there something that needs to be specified to ensure the option
>buttons are added to the correct frame?

I don't know if VB4 has changed this (seems not), but it's never been
possible to do what you want to do, the way you do it. You need to
create the optiosn buttons outside of the frame, then use the
SetParent (does that exist in Win95?) to move them to the right panel.

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.       http://www.sn.no/~balchen

Sun, 07 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-Time Control Array of Option Buttons w/in Frames

Jr.) threw this at us:

Two errors in the same article *sigh*:

Quote:
>I don't know if VB4 has changed this (seems not), but it's never been
>possible to do what you want to do, the way you do it. You need to
>create the optiosn buttons outside of the frame, then use the
>SetParent (does that exist in Win95?) to move them to the right panel.

I don't know if VB4 has changed this (seems not), but it's never
been possible to do what you want to do, the way you do it. You
need to create the option buttons outside of the frame, then use
the SetParent API (does that exist in Win95?) to move them to the
right panel.

There!

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.       http://www.sn.no/~balchen

Sun, 07 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Frames containing option buttons as control arrays

2. Creating frames with option buttons at runtime

3. Working with an Option Button Array and Checkbox Button Array

4. Needed to create a new option button at run time

5. Option Button control Array problem

6. option button control array - won't work

7. Option Button Control Array Not Working

8. Control arrays with option buttons

9. Option button on top of a Frame?

10. Get state of option buttons in frame

11. Adding option buttons to a frame

12. Option button in a Frame caption?