How to check for the IE plugin.
Author Message
 How to check for the IE plugin.

Hi,

Is it possible to check to see if internet explorer is installed on a
client machine. I need to establish whether the user has at least IE4
or higher.

Any help would be appreciated...

Chris

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:45:40 GMT
 How to check for the IE plugin.
Open the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

and check
"Plus! VersionNumber"

or try:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

and:
"Version"

Hope this helps...
Laurens

There should

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is it possible to check to see if internet explorer is installed on a
> client machine. I need to establish whether the user has at least IE4
> or higher.

> Any help would be appreciated...

> Chris

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:52:40 GMT

1. Automating Word Plugin for IE

2. building plugin for IE

3. IE Plugin

4. detect if java plugin is installed AND activated for IE

5. Detect Java Plugin in IE??

6. plugin detection in IE

7. detect Adobe Acrobat Reader (IE plugin) in VBScript?

8. detect plugin in IE

9. Detect Flash 3 or lower plugin in IE

10. Detect Flash plugin in IE

11. IE Plugin Help needed