Saving .BAS files in TEXT format rather than Binary
Author Message
 Saving .BAS files in TEXT format rather than Binary

In VB4, how does one save a .BAS file in TEXT format rather than
Binary?  I can't seem to find a preferences default or menu option
that addresses this.

      _____\/

___/ x   x   Pavlac  WWW:        TBA (coming soon to a web server near you!)

Tue, 23 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Saving .BAS files in TEXT format rather than Binary

these mellifluous words, full of wisdom and thoughtful reflections:

Quote:
>!<In VB4, how does one save a .BAS file in TEXT format rather than
>!<Binary?  I can't seem to find a preferences default or menu option
>!<that addresses this.
>!<      _____\/

>!<___/ x   x   Pavlac  WWW:        TBA (coming soon to a web server near you!)

They are ALWAYS text. Forget about the binary format. MS already did.

Tue, 23 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Saving .BAS files in TEXT format rather than Binary

  >In VB4, how does one save a .BAS file in TEXT format rather than
  >Binary?  I can't seem to find a preferences default or menu option
  >that addresses this.

Somewheer in the docs it tells you that VB4 only saves its files in tetx format,
so there is no option to select.

Wed, 24 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help convert binary .bas file to text

2. VB code to save a text file format using current date as file name

3. VB code to save a text file format using current date as file name

4. Converting VB3 .FRM and .BAS Binary format to VB5

5. Converting VB3 .FRM and .BAS Binary format to VB5

6. Converting VB3 .FRM and .BAS Binary format to VB5

7. Reading from a text file and writing toa text file from Vis Bas 6.0

8. converting binary format files to text

9. Binary format to text format form conversion

10. text files binary save

11. Macro - Format Text / Save As HTML / Format Source

12. Needed: Modul for writing formatted text to be saved in RTF - Format