Q: How to get rid of ListView flicker when adding/removing items
Author Message
 Q: How to get rid of ListView flicker when adding/removing items

Hi,

I am using the ListView control in the Report mode. I am receiving intermittant
alarms and adding the alarms into the ListView. Every time a alarm is added or
removed the whole ListView flickers. Sine the alarms are comming in at 2 or 3
per second the flicker is annoying.

Is there any way to remove the flicker ? I have checked all the MSDN and the web
but with no luck.

I have tried using the LockWindowUpdate API call but it makes things worse, the
whole Win95 screen flickers when the LockWindowUpdate is reset. I can not batch
the inserts in 100 row lots, I need to see the alarms come in as they are sent
to the application.

Can anybody help.

Thanks

Joe

PS: Using VB6 SP3

Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ListView control flickers when adding new items

2. ListView control flickers when adding new items

3. help adding and removing items from a listview

4. Getting rid of screen flicker in my game.

5. add items and removing items from a list

6. * MSHFlexGrid Remove Item and Add Item *

7. MSHFlexGrid Add Item, Remove Item

8. MSHFlexGrid Add Item and Remove Item

9. How to prevent flickering of the previous selected item in a ListView

10. Any Way To Stop All ListView Items From Blinking While Adding Items

11. Listview is flickering during Listitems.add

12. Listview is flickering during Listitems.add