Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code
Author Message
 Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code

Is anybody aware of a good (and not outrageously expensive) accounting
package, with source code for VB?

---------
Joseph I. Ceasar

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code

What do you consider outrageously expensive?  State of the Art has a
Client/Server product called Acuity Financials that has source available.
The client side is VB with the Server Microsoft SQL Server 6.5.  It's a
middle market system so it isn't going to be cheap like PeachTree or MAS90,
but it isn't SAP either.  check it out http://www.sota.com

Quote:
> Is anybody aware of a good (and not outrageously expensive) accounting
> package, with source code for VB?

Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code

VB aside, one thing to keep in mind is that most of the high-end accounting
software developers will make source code available -- for a price.  It is
rarely included and it is usually expensive.  Also be aware that  making
source code changes can be risky and expensive.  The risk is that you have a
programmer making changes who does not understand audit trails or that
debits must equal credits and so forth.  Also source code changes tend to
have to be totally re-written everytime you wish to update your software.

I would take a long, hard look at the type of changes you desire and see if
they can be accomplished without source code.  Many of the high-end packages
can had add-ons written for them to add logic or functionality without
changing source code.

Alan C. Whitehouse
The Resource Group
Great Plains Software VAR & ISV
1400 Talbot Rd. S., Suite 301
Renton, WA  98055
(425) 277-4760

Quote:

>What do you consider outrageously expensive?  State of the Art has a
>Client/Server product called Acuity Financials that has source available.
>The client side is VB with the Server Microsoft SQL Server 6.5.  It's a
>middle market system so it isn't going to be cheap like PeachTree or MAS90,
>but it isn't SAP either.  check it out http://www.sota.com

>> Is anybody aware of a good (and not outrageously expensive) accounting
>> package, with source code for VB?

Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code

Intech Software has a package that comes with source code.  Prices start at
295 per module.  Their web page is www.generaloffice.com  I have no idea if
their stuff is any good.  Just that it's there.

If you do happen to try it, I would love to hear how it goes.

Quote:

>Is anybody aware of a good (and not outrageously expensive) accounting
>package, with source code for VB?

>---------
>Joseph I. Ceasar

Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code

Solomon is another VB based package that ships with source code.  I have no
idea what it costs.

Tony Selke

Thu, 22 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code

I know of one more, check out:

http://www.bayoucitysystems.com/

I don't know how good it is, I only know it exists

John

Quote:

>Solomon costs A LOT. Anywhere from $3-10 grand.
>A friend of mine was working for a Solomon support co. as a
>"Certified Soloman Developer". Said it kept crashing & pulling
>blue screens, drove him away to work on other more stable things
>like SQL Server. The Docs on Solomon will make your mouth water,
>the code looks good but its a little overextended to be stable.
>The Price will kill you unless you're working for some deep pockets
>Fortune 500 co. that dislikes SAP.

>>Solomon is another VB based package that ships with source code.  I have no
>>idea what it costs.

>>Tony Selke

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code

According to an ad in January's VBPJ, try http://www.generaloffice.com
they advertise accounting modules, complete with source code...if you
are looking to modify one, try the book Accounting and Finance
Developers Guide with Visual Basic, it comes with a complete system on
disk, so you can modify to your hearts content.

HTH
Wendy

Quote:

> I know of one more, check out:

> http://www.bayoucitysystems.com/

> I don't know how good it is, I only know it exists

> John

> >Solomon costs A LOT. Anywhere from $3-10 grand.
> >A friend of mine was working for a Solomon support co. as a
> >"Certified Soloman Developer". Said it kept crashing & pulling
> >blue screens, drove him away to work on other more stable things
> >like SQL Server. The Docs on Solomon will make your mouth water,
> >the code looks good but its a little overextended to be stable.
> >The Price will kill you unless you're working for some deep pockets
> >Fortune 500 co. that dislikes SAP.

> >>Solomon is another VB based package that ships with source code.  I have no
> >>idea what it costs.

> >>Tony Selke

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

2. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

3. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

4. Need Accounting System Source Code!

5. Need accounting source code

6. Need Accounting System Source Code!

7. Quick Basic/Visual Basic source code

8. Open Source Accounting package

9. Accounting Package with source?

10. Visual Basic Source Code

11. Visual Basic Tips, Sample, Source-Codes

12. Trying to find Visual Basic source code to beep someone using a modem