Install VB6 (SP5) program to Win 2000
Author Message
 Install VB6 (SP5) program to Win 2000

My user has just attempted to install my VB application on to a Win 2000
machine.
He gets a continuous cycle of reboots, with the program saying it needs to
update a DLL.
(no he did not tell me which DLL)
I used the VB6 Package & Deployment wizard to create the install kit.
I developed the app initially on a Win 98 machine with VB6 SP3.
After having this error I installed VB6 SP5 on the development machine.
Past installs on Win 9x and Win NT4, have worked fine.

Any ideas what I may have done wrong?
Any ideas what my client installing the app may have done wrong?

Is there some silly requirement that I must develop on Win 2000????

Thanks Greg

Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:46:21 GMT

1. MTS Reference VB6 sp5 in Win 2000 server HELP

2. VB6 With SP5 and Access 2000

3. Warning about VB6 SP5 and Windows 2000

4. LIKE query gives different results in Access 2000 and VB6 SP5

5. vb6 sp5 ,sql server 2000 ,wnnt4 sp 6

6. VB6 with SP5 and Access 2000

7. Access 2000 MDB and VB6.0 SP5 and datagrid

8. VB6 Packaged program won't install on other computer

9. mswinsck.ocx VB6(SP5) - progs won't work with WinXP

10. mswinsck.ocx VB6(SP5) - progs won't work with WinXP

11. VB6-SP5 and Win/XP SP1

12. Install vb 6 on win 2000