Outlook 2000 Object Library H*ll!!
Author Message
 Outlook 2000 Object Library H*ll!!

Hi all,

I've got an app that I created in VB6 that works with Outlook98.  I'm
using the msoutl85.olb (Outlook Object Library) file to access Outlook.

Okay, here's what I did.  In an effort to see how my code would work
with the new Outlook 2000 object library I referenced msoutl9.olb (the
new Outlook 2000 object library file).  My code didn't work, so I
unreferenced
msoutl9.olb and re-referenced my msoutl85.olb file.  This is where the
problem started.  VB is still trying to access the Outlook 2000 object
library information.  So, I deleted the msoutl9.olb file and now I'm getting
a "Run-Time Error 48 - Error in Loading Dll."  I've completely de-referenced
it from my project though.

Does anyone know how to get it out of VB6's head that I don't want to
use this object library anymore?  Thanks so much in advance.

Scott

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Outlook 2000 Object Library H*ll!!
Okay, here's what I ended up having to do.  What a mess.
I opened up regedit and searched for msoutl9.olb.  I found
it in HKEY-Classes Root/TypeLib/..../9.0/...  I deleted the
entire KEY.  This didn't work all by itself though.  I then ended
up having to delete the 8.5 key as well.  Then closed out of
VB6.  Re opened VB6 and chose Project-References.  Clicked
on browse and chose the outl85.olb file.  It worked.  Ridiculous too.

Scott
:-\

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I've got an app that I created in VB6 that works with Outlook98.  I'm
> using the msoutl85.olb (Outlook Object Library) file to access Outlook.

> Okay, here's what I did.  In an effort to see how my code would work
> with the new Outlook 2000 object library I referenced msoutl9.olb (the
> new Outlook 2000 object library file).  My code didn't work, so I
> unreferenced
> msoutl9.olb and re-referenced my msoutl85.olb file.  This is where the
> problem started.  VB is still trying to access the Outlook 2000 object
> library information.  So, I deleted the msoutl9.olb file and now I'm
getting
> a "Run-Time Error 48 - Error in Loading Dll."  I've completely
de-referenced
> it from my project though.

> Does anyone know how to get it out of VB6's head that I don't want to
> use this object library anymore?  Thanks so much in advance.

> Scott

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDO vs Outlook 2000 Object Library?? (Outlook Newbie)

2. Database object fail to load after starting Office 2000 or Outlook 2000

3. Old Data Control / Access 2000 / Object Library?

4. Outlook 2000 Attachment object question!

5. Object Model Block on Outlook 2000 Security Patch hamstrings a VB6 application

6. Event triger for MailItem Object in VBA Outlook 2000

7. outlook 2000 object model

8. How to add Outlook 9.0 Object library?

9. Outlook 10.0 Object Library

10. Microsoft Outlook x.x Object Library

11. Outlook Object Library

12. Outlook object library