ASP & Win2K Professional
Author Message
 ASP & Win2K Professional

Greetings, all.  I recently upgraded form Win98 to Win2K Professional.
After the upgrade, I notice that I can no longer create ASP projects
in VB.  It says that I need to have IIS or Personal Web Server 3.0 or
greater loaded before it can launch the WebControl object.  In my
Win2K, I have Peer Web Server 5.0 loaded, but this doesn't seem to be
good enough to get past this problem.  Is anyone else developing ASP
projects under Win2K without IIS?

-Steve

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ASP & Win2K Professional
This is because Windows 2K doesn't load the type library for ASP 2.0.
Check Article Q248418 on MSDN, it will give you step-by-step
instructions on how to fix it.

I'm having a problem where I can't register IIS Application DLLs that
I create in VB6.  If you are familiar with IIS Applications, perhaps
you can help me.  Here is the message i've posted but nobody ever
answers:

I have an IIS Application that I can't seem to register.  It runs fine
when I press the 'Play' button in VB, but I can't seem to get the
compiled DLL to register.

If I try registering it with regsvr32.exe I get the following error:
"DllRegisterServer in xxx.dll failed.  Return Code was: 0x80004005"

If I try register the DLL using the Internet Services Manager, I get
the error:

"The Dll's self-registration routine failed."

'Details' button says:
"The Component DLL's self registration routine failed.  The
DllRegisterServer function returned a failure code or threw an
exception."

This happens on NT4, SP5 & Windows 2000 server.  This is the first
time I've written an IIS Application.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert Paulsen
Visit GadgetGuys.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Permission problem in accessing MSMQ on Win2K Professional

2. Visual Studio Enterprise SP4 and Win2K Professional

3. ASP and Project on Win2k

4. vbscript from asp using iis on win2k platform with no success

5. Make ASP work on French Win2K - and Unicode

6. win2k asp error probs

7. ASP converstion to Win2k

8. Win2k Upgrade with ASP and VB

9. Debug - VB, Win2k IIS, ASP - start with url

10. Win2K and ASP components

11. ASP/VB debugging problems - win2K and NT4

12. Win2k Upgrade with ASP and VB