Using AnimatePalette, SetPalette.....etc...
Author Message
 Using AnimatePalette, SetPalette.....etc...

Hi,

I am trying to get a picturebox control's content to cycle through colours
blue 0 to 255, as a cheesy screensaver thing, but when I run a little
function that I've written to do this, the image just stays the same.

I have the screen in 256 colour mode, but, alas, nothing happens.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using AnimatePalette, SetPalette.....etc...
I assume that you are using the Forecolor property. Changing the Forecolor
does not alter the colour of text or graphics which have already been
drawn - it only alters the colour of any further output. If you want to
change the colour of (say) a piece of text then you need to re-print it (at
the same location) each time that you change the Forecolor. If you are doing
this in a simple loop (rather than using a timer) then you will need to
ensure that you place a DoEvents command inside the loop.

Mike

Quote:
>Hi,

>I am trying to get a picturebox control's content to cycle through colours
>blue 0 to 255, as a cheesy screensaver thing, but when I run a little
>function that I've written to do this, the image just stays the same.

Mon, 07 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing XLS, CSV, and tab-delimited files, etc etc using ADO

2. A Few Questions: ClipCursor(), SetPalette, possibly pointers, looking for Great Graphics Program

3. AnimatePalette in VB Pro 3.0

4. AnimatePalette help in VBPro 3.0

5. VB3 ANIMATEPALETTE how?

6. AnimatePalette API

7. AnimatePalette

8. Visual Basic 5.0 and API AnimatePalette

9. AnimatePalette

10. AnimatePalette

11. VB5 and AnimatePalette

12. AnimatePalette trouble run-time