Newbie: need some advice
Author Message
 Newbie: need some advice

Hi...I am 16, and I was thinking of learning programming. I was wondering
if you could recommend something to start me off. Which language would be
most beneficial for me to start with?
Thanks for any help
Lancer's Mech and Star Wars 3d Art Gallery
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~lancer/

"If you don't stand for something, you'll
fall for anything "

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie: need some advice

I and a lot of people started with good o'l BBC basic
a simple easy to learn language which teaches you the principles
of loops, branches and other programming structures

it isn't fast and it is limited but it's excellent to learn with

But ask around

once you have gat a grasp of programming structures etc
it is relitively easy to apply what you have learnt to
learning other languages

you'll pick up tricks as you get more experienced

The first language is always the hardest
but C's a bastard

        Mark Thompson

        damm i was so chuffed when i got it to print
        my name 20 times down the screen (i was 8)

Quote:

> Hi...I am 16, and I was thinking of learning programming. I was wondering
> if you could recommend something to start me off. Which language would be
> most beneficial for me to start with?
> Thanks for any help
> Lancer's Mech and Star Wars 3d Art Gallery
> http://www.users.interport.net/~lancer/

> "If you don't stand for something, you'll
> fall for anything "

Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00 GMT

1. Client / Server newbie needs some advice

2. Newbie Needs Your Advice

3. newbie needs your advice vb5.0

4. Newbie Needs Advice For Purchase

5. Newbie needs advice on project

6. Need newbie advice please

7. Newbie needs advice

8. need advice on making modem throughput meter (newbie)

9. Newbie needs advice on scope

10. Newbie needs advice

11. Newbie Needs Advice

12. COM add-in newbie advice please