Q: How to save pictures as compressed bitmaps?
Author Message
 Q: How to save pictures as compressed bitmaps?

For a project I'm working on (picture conversion for an external program),
it is requested to save bitmap pictures (BMP) in the Run Length Encoded
(RLE) compressed format. Although VB is quite capable of reading compressed
bitmaps into a picturebox, the save routine doesn't seem to support this.
The same for the Kodak Image controls.

Does any of you know a routine or method or program that could do this task?
I know PaintShop Pro can do batch conversions, but this appears to be
possible within that program only - no Automation or commandline features.

TIA

John

Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:56:55 GMT

1. Bitmaps in picture boxes - comparing and saving

2. Compressed bitmaps in Access Database

3. compressed bitmaps in an Access 2

4. Multiple bitmaps -> Compressed AVI

5. Compressing multiple Bitmaps into one file.

6. Multiple bitmaps -> Compressed AVI

7. How to compress a picture with VBA-code ?

8. Repeat - ASP/VBScript component to compress jpeg picture files

9. How to use compressed picture format ?

10. Upload picture to picture box and *save*?????

11. Saving picture from a picture box using screen capturing

12. Print to Picture and then saving the new picture