can't load comctl32.ocx?
Author Message
 can't load comctl32.ocx?

For some reason my VB6 seems to not like comctl32.ocx.

I download a few different sample programs lately and when load them into
VB, it tells me:

c:\windows\system\comctl32.ocx could not be loaded..

I have verified that comctl32.ocx is in fact in that directory.. When I go
to add it manually
via Project | Components, it to gives me the same error..

Is it possible the file is corrupt or is it creating a conflict with another
file?  There do not seem be
any components even loaded because there are no check marks throughout the
whole coomponent
list.

Any help on how to solve this problem would be greatly apprecaited..

Dan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 can't load comctl32.ocx?
Did it return any more info other than just saying "can not be loaded"?
Mabye a liscence error was reported?

Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:49:53 GMT
 can't load comctl32.ocx?

Quote:

>For some reason my VB6 seems to not like comctl32.ocx.

>I download a few different sample programs lately and when load them into
>VB, it tells me:

>c:\windows\system\comctl32.ocx could not be loaded..

>I have verified that comctl32.ocx is in fact in that directory.. When I go
>to add it manually
>via Project | Components, it to gives me the same error..

>Is it possible the file is corrupt or is it creating a conflict with
another
>file?  There do not seem be
>any components even loaded because there are no check marks throughout the
>whole coomponent
>list.

>Any help on how to solve this problem would be greatly apprecaited..

>Dan

Try these articles.

FIX: Comctl32.ocx Is Binary Incompatible with Previous Version
Your application may experience a crash if it was created using COMCTL32.OCX
version 5.00.3422 or 5.00.3601 and your system has been upgraded to
COMCTL32.OCX version 5.00.3714.
* http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q167/1/23.asp
----
 PRB: ComCtl32.ocx - The Dependency File is Out of Date
When you run the VB 5.0 Application Setup Wizard on a project that uses
COMCTL32.OCX, the Out of Date Dependencies dialog box displays the following
message:
* http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q172/8/88.asp

Henri Leboeuf

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

2. comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319 - won't load

3. can't load comctl32.ocx file on some systems

4. can't load comctl32.ocx

5. Can't load COMCTL32.OCX

6. COMCTL32.OCX Won't Load

7. COMCTL32.OCX won't load

8. comctl32.ocx cannot be loaded...continue loading project?

9. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

10. Cant load Comdlg32.ocx or comctl32.ocx

11. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

12. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx