Uptain working directories?
Author Message
 Uptain working directories?

How do I uptain the working directories for a user, e.g. the current users
folder for temporary internet files etc.

Apparently it isn't enough to just look at
\%homedrive%\%homepath%\DOCUME~1\[login name]\TEMPOR~1
...as this only works for the specific English version of windows, not a
very elegant way. Surely it's possible to query Windows for these
destinations?

Thanks,
Casper Bang

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:15:53 GMT
 Uptain working directories?
The GetTempPath function retrieves the path of the directory designated for
temporary files. This function supersedes the GetTempDrive function.

Hope it helps

Quote:
> How do I uptain the working directories for a user, e.g. the current users
> folder for temporary internet files etc.

> Apparently it isn't enough to just look at
> \%homedrive%\%homepath%\DOCUME~1\[login name]\TEMPOR~1
> ...as this only works for the specific English version of windows, not a
> very elegant way. Surely it's possible to query Windows for these
> destinations?

> Thanks,
> Casper Bang

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:48:48 GMT

1. Shell (start xxxxx) not working for full Windows-path directory files (works for 8-character directory paths)

2. How to set working directory at runtime?

3. Current working directory for Excel

4. HasAccess and directories doesn't work

5. looking / storing working directory

6. Working Directory

7. Checking for directories not quite working right

8. finding/setting the directory I'm working in

9. shell command and working directory

10. Working directory

11. looking / storing working directory

12. Setting Working Directory