Tabctl32.ocx isn't compatible with my computer
Author Message
 Tabctl32.ocx isn't compatible with my computer

Please help !

(VB5, Win 95)

I've got an app which uses the TABCTL32.ocx, and it installs on numberous
machines fine.

But when I try to install it on a particular machine and run the app, the
program crashes when it tries to load the TABCTL32  control. - It's giving
me an error - 50003 - Unexpected error.

We've tried everything - re-building and re-loading the app, and even
registering the control manually. There's something peculiar about this
machine, but I don't know what it is.

If I make a little test application with just the tab control on it in it's
default state, then it works fine, but once I change the default settings
in the control (e.g. the number of tabs), then I get the infamous crash.

I am completely stumped over this one.

Anyone with a clue about this one - it would be greatfully appreciated.

--

Steve Trzcinski

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tabctl32.ocx isn't compatible with my computer

Quote:

> > Please help !

> > (VB5, Win 95)

> > I've got an app which uses the TABCTL32.ocx, and it installs on numberous
> > machines fine.

> > But when I try to install it on a particular machine and run the app, the
> > program crashes when it tries to load the TABCTL32  control. - It's giving
> > me an error - 50003 - Unexpected error.

> > We've tried everything - re-building and re-loading the app, and even
> > registering the control manually. There's something peculiar about this
> > machine, but I don't know what it is.

> > If I make a little test application with just the tab control on it in it's
> > default state, then it works fine, but once I change the default settings
> > in the control (e.g. the number of tabs), then I get the infamous crash.

> > I am completely stumped over this one.

> > Anyone with a clue about this one - it would be greatfully appreciated.

> > --

> > Steve Trzcinski

> One thing you may want to check is the version of tabctl32.ocx on your
> machine. You may have an older version than what is on the users machine and
> because the user has a newer version of the ocx, your control is not being
> copyed to the users windows/system directory. (Assuming you are installing
> the app with Setup Wizard). The newer version on the users machine may not be
> compatible with your app.

> Also, check your version of tabctl32.ocx with the expected version number
> listed in your tabctl32.dep file. They should be the same.

> Hope this helps or at least get you moving in the right direction.

I have such a problem with my TABCTL32.OCX... I installed my VB5 under my new
Win98 PC and when I try to open (and even to design, of course) a form with a tab
control, VB just tells me that there's is no license information on my PC about
that control... "Unable to load the control Tab_... ; unfound license"
(translated from French). The project works fine on other PC's under Win95...

Installing and reinstalling VB doesn't work...

What can I do? Register manually? How can I do that?

Thanks for answering...

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tabctl32.ocx isn't compatible with my computer

Thanks to all who responded to my original thread,

We've tried all the things suggested to no avail, as well as hunting
through the MS Knowledge-base and trying Sheridan.  We've even tried
re-installing the OS, this only provides a temporary fix. (suggested via
e-mail reply)

We've identified that it's something to do with Fujitsu hardware and IBM's
AS400 com program - Client Access.

We tripped over what seems to be a robust solution, though by accident, and
we'd appreciate if anyone can explain how and why it works............ it
goes like this.

After installing the app onto the user's machine (and with IBM's Client
Access program installed on the same machine) , build an app with a tabbed
list box in it. Install the app onto the problem machine and the problem
goes away.

I can't explain why it works - but it does.

Any explainations with a possibly more elegant work around would be
appreciated

Thanks

Steve Trzcinski

--

Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OCX CONTROL can't register TABCTL32,OCX

2. Tabctl32.ocx dependency file (Tabctl32.deb)

3. Tabctl32.ocx - Can't see control

4. TABCTL32.ocx (Sherridan's Tabs)

5. Problems with COMDLG32.OCX and TABCTL32.OCX

6. Visual Basic 5.0....TABCTL32.OCX loading error..

7. Help Tabctl32.ocx

8. TABCTL32.OCX old and new version

9. coloured LISTVIEW elements using subclassing - doesn`t work when using tabctl32.ocx

10. tabctl32.ocx

11. HELP : UNWILLING TABCTL32.OCX

12. TabCtl32.Ocx Problems