How can I load a picture (256) and save again as 256 color
Author Message
 How can I load a picture (256) and save again as 256 color

It's easy to load pictures during design time if you don't want to ship
them separately with your application. It's also easy to save them from
your application to disk (with SavePicture). Easy does it.
BUT:
I want to save such a picture as a 256 color bitmap. If I load a 256
color bitmap, VB (version 4.0 prof) stores it as a 24 bits bitmap and
with SavePicture it saves to disk a 24-bits bitmap. The problem does not
occur when I use the ImageList control, but that control itself has some
disastrous problems with VB. (Loading it causes GP faults and lots more,
if you want to know, search this Newsgroup for Abel and you will see
what I mean..)
So, the question is:
HOW DO I SAVE PICTURES TO DISK IN 256 COLORS FROM WITHIN MY EXECUTABLE
WITHOUT USING IMAGELIST (SavePicture is OK)????

Please, help me out, I will be very thankful,

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

2. How to save picture as 256 color bitmap format file

4. how save as 256 color picture

5. Saving bitmap picture in 256 colors or less

6. Save Picture in 256 colors

7. Picture problem while using 256 colors

8. VBX for 256 color pictures

9. 256 color picture box control

10. jpg showing only in 256 color with VB 5 picture box help

11. Save 256/hi-color icons????

12. Saving 16/256 color bitmaps