Problems with Polygon API Function
Author Message
 Problems with Polygon API Function

I am trying to draw and fill a polygon shape.

I cannot make the Polygon API function work. I am following the API
instructions and Microsoft KnowledgeBase example. I have checked that
the coordinates of the polygon are on the screen. I do not get any
error messages. The function return value shows that the call was
"successful'. Everything looks OK, except that the polygon does not
draw on the screen. The FillRgn call also does not work.

It should be simple. Other GDI.EXE function calls, such as RoundRect,
work fine in the same form event. I am using VB3 Pro on a 486-66 with
SVGA display.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Blair Kingsland
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Wed, 27 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with Polygon API Function

Quote:

> I am trying to draw and fill a polygon shape.

> I cannot make the Polygon API function work.

Blair,

I had the same trouble, and solved it by using VB's .PSet command to draw
a "dummy" dot on the form/picture immediately before referencing the
Polygon API.  Don't really know why that solved the trouble, but it did.

-Steve

Thu, 28 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: API Polygon Functions

2. polygon - polygon intersection

3. Function to detect if a co-ordinate is within a 2d polygon

4. polygon function

5. Drawing with POLYGON\LINETO function

6. picturebox.scale command with Polyline or Polygon API Call

7. Polygon API calls.....

8. Lines, Polygons and PolyBezier(?) with the API

9. VB5 Polygon API calling ?

10. help...create polygon region API

11. Someone please help with Polygon API??

12. Polygon API Call...