VB3: help with transparent lbl in overlay form
Author Message
 VB3: help with transparent lbl in overlay form

Hi,

Please excuse this if it is a silly newbie question.
I am new to VB and have been scratching my head on
this one for a couple nights now.

I want to display a small "Please wait." type form to
the user while my app is busy but when I display the
pls wait form, the label containing the message is
transparent and all I see in the label is what ever
is behind it!

I have tried all possible combinations of the
AutoRedraw, ClipControls and FontTransparent prperties
in the properties window and am not changing these
properties in any of the code.  I even tried creating an
MDI copy of the form and defined the please wait form
as a child and the same results. I have also tried
frmWait.ZOrder 0 with no luck.

Am I missing something strange here or have I just not
read enough of the manual 8-).

TIA
Stu

 !   !              |  Geoscience Laboratories, Ontario GEOservices Centre
 !   !    !         |  933 Ramsey Lk Rd, Sudbury, ON, CANADA  P3E 6B5
_!___!_!__!___!_    |  voice:  (705)670-5635  FAX:  (705)670-3047

Mon, 04 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB3: help with transparent lbl in overlay form
You need to refresh the form.  Refreshing will force a repaint of the
form before any other code is executed.  After loading the form,
immedietly issue a 'FORM1.REFRESH' command.  That should clear it up.

[...]

1. clipboard semi-transparent overlay

2. MapObjects, transparent overlay

3. Transparent Windows/Forms in VB3

4. <<VB3 HELP>>HOW DO YOU ADD WAV FILES TO VB3 FORMS

5. Transparent Form Is Not Transparent

6. Looking for Transparent OCX to make forms transparent

7. Looking for Transparent OCX to make forms transparent

8. forms overlay in VB

9. Tab Key in Txtbox becomes blob in Lbl!

10. Create lbl controls at run time

11. Transparent Forms (PLEASE HELP!!!)

12. Help: Transparent forms