VB5 Database, "Not a valid path"
Author Message
 VB5 Database, "Not a valid path"

Why is it,  when i have compleated whith the setup wizard,  and try to
install my app on a friends comp,   press one of the data buttons,  I get
an error message?   The NOT valid path is the path where i have my mdb
file..."c:\Program\DevStudio\Vb\Lilla.mdb" I have added "LIlla.mdb"
manuelly in the setup wizard....?

           --Ingmar--

Tue, 04 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Database, "Not a valid path"

 Ingmar,

Quote:
>Why is it,  when i have compleated whith the setup wizard,  and try to
>install my app on a friends comp,   press one of the data buttons,  I get
>an error message?   The NOT valid path is the path where i have my mdb
>file..."c:\Program\DevStudio\Vb\Lilla.mdb" I have added "LIlla.mdb"
>manuelly in the setup wizard....?

Are you setting the path to the database at design time in a data control or
something? You can't do that. You need to assign the value at run-time based
on the actual location of the files on the actual machine where the code is
running. This has nothing to do with the setup wizard.

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Wed, 05 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Database, "Not a valid path"

Quote:

> No i am not setting the path in design time..... But i now I tried to do

so, in the properties of the "data1" and now it works. But of course i cant
change the dirctory
in the setup....I realy cant se how to do this in run time?
                                                --Ingmar Lantz--

Thu, 06 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Database, "Not a valid path"

Quote:
> Why is it,  when i have compleated whith the setup wizard,  and try to
> install my app on a friends comp,   press one of the data buttons,  I get
> an error message?   The NOT valid path is the path where i have my mdb
> file..."c:\Program\DevStudio\Vb\Lilla.mdb" I have added "LIlla.mdb"
> manuelly in the setup wizard....?

Use datacontrol.databasename=app.path & "\lilla.mdb" if the database is in
the program directory. If not use a dialog box to specify the location of
the database the first time the program is run and set that value in an
ini file.

John

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Database, "Not a valid path"

Quote:

>> Why is it,  when i have compleated whith the setup wizard,  and try to
>> install my app on a friends comp,   press one of the data buttons,  I get
>> an error message?   The NOT valid path is the path where i have my mdb
>> file..."c:\Program\DevStudio\Vb\Lilla.mdb" I have added "LIlla.mdb"
>> manuelly in the setup wizard....?

>Use datacontrol.databasename=app.path & "\lilla.mdb" if the database is in
>the program directory. If not use a dialog box to specify the location of
>the database the first time the program is run and set that value in an
>ini file.

I've also gotten "Not a valid path" when various files were Read Only and they
were supposed to be able to be written to.  (Wow.  Enough prepositions?)

-joet

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Database, "Not a valid path"

Quote:
>  datacontrol.databasename=app.path & "\lilla.mdb" > This solved my

problem...
    Many thanks.
                                    --Ingmar--

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

2. "Not a valid bookmark" error

3. "Not a valid Password!"

4. Access '95: "Path Not Found"

5. "Invalid Path" when opening database

6. App.Path returns "short" path name

7. "Valid ordering" error uninstalling beta 2

8. Creating "valid" CAB file

9. Err Msg "Physical Database Not Found"

10. Error "Physical database not found"

11. "File not found" in database creation

12. "Database - user defined type not defined"????