Retrieving integer value from Registry
Author Message
 Retrieving integer value from Registry

I'm writing a screen saver in VB and am having a few problems reading
the registry to get the ScreenSaveUsePassword setting, which I
understand determines the status of the Win95 Screen Saver Password
checkbox.

I'm using the RegQueryValueEx function and, whilst I can get it to
work fine when retrieving string values, I can't get it to work with
an integer value like the password 0/1 setting.

Is this the appropriate function? Any tips?
--
Steven Smith

Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unable to retrieve value from the registry

2. Retrieve the default value of a Registry Key

3. Retrieving Registry Values

4. Retrieve Values from the Registry

5. storing/retrieving registry values

6. Retrieve Registry Values

7. Retrieving Registry Values

8. restricting values of integers in code

9. Pass integer Value from forms Class mod to report class mod

10. integer values for fields

11. &H before integer value

12. Enum String Value (deriving from a Type Name and an Integer)