installing/running VB4.0 app on a network
Author Message
 installing/running VB4.0 app on a network

I have developed a VB4.0, 16 bit application and used the setup wizard to
create the installation disks.  I now find that a user who needs the program is
on a network.  I am not all that familiar with network installations.  What
differences do I have to make  with regards to the program or the installation
of the program?    If my program uses MS Access 2.0 databases, what issues need
to be addressed as far as file sharing, etc?

My application is installed in a single directory along with the databases, a
couple of Crystal Reports and some .bmp files that are used within the program.
 If the program is installed on the server, will it slow my program's operation
considerably?

Any advice or past experiences on this subject that you would care to share
would be greatly appreciated.

Jmarzion

Tue, 10 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CAB questions: 1) run app after install 2) installed multiple apps

2. VB4 16bit App runs from CD without installing components into windows\system

3. VB5 apps installed with VB4 apps: OK?

4. Installing VB4 app on pc w VB3 apps

5. installing VB app on network

6. Installing VB Apps on networked WFW systems

7. Install VB app to a NETWORK

8. Help: Installing VB app to network?

9. VB 3.0 Executables Network For App. Install

10. VB4 Pro Install from network or disks

11. How to make network install using SetupWiz/VB4?

12. installing VB4 on network