ADVAPI32.DLL 05-08-98 or newer
Author Message
 ADVAPI32.DLL 05-08-98 or newer

I needa copy ADVAPI32.DLL  05-08-98  or newer, if you have it and are
willing,  could you send me a copy.  Or  just tell me where you can
download it,  it was suppose to come with Dcom95 but it didn't.

In general does anyone have a good plan in place on where to check for
the latest, where to download them and how to check them.  I guess
if you had a site that had them all, writing a program to check
wouldn't be so hard.  Somebody could generate big time traffic I would
think.

Best Regards
Barry

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADVAPI32.DLL 05-08-98 or newer
ADVAPI32.DLL is a member of the base Win32 API.  It quite possibly is
illegal to just email you a copy.  Further, being a member of the Win32 API,
it might nuke your system if you installed the wrong version (Like the NT
version on a 95 box; I don't know for certain, though).  If you want the
latest version, you're best bet is probably to download the latest Service
Pack from Microsoft for your OS.  My Win95B copy of that file has a product
name including MS Plus!, so you could probably also get it from Plus!.

Doing a binary examination of the file, I see a bunch of Functions called
Crypt*.  I'm not sure, but if this is a file containing part (or all) of
Microsoft's Crypto API, then you could probably also get this file from
Internet Explorer and anything else that Microsoft uses that requires the
Crypto API.  Of course, there is also the possibility that those functions
are just base OS functions for hashing and saving Windows Passwords, in
which case IE probably won't include it.

--
Howard Henry 'Gawyn Ballpeen' Schlunder
Gawyn Developments; Core developer

Quote:
> I needa copy ADVAPI32.DLL  05-08-98  or newer, if you have it and are
> willing,  could you send me a copy.  Or  just tell me where you can
> download it,  it was suppose to come with Dcom95 but it didn't.

> In general does anyone have a good plan in place on where to check for
> the latest, where to download them and how to check them.  I guess
> if you had a site that had them all, writing a program to check
> wouldn't be so hard.  Somebody could generate big time traffic I would
> think.

> Best Regards
> Barry

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADVAPI32.DLL 05-08-98 or newer
Hmm, I just read some info in my MSDN Library.  It turns out that file does
for certain contain the Crypto API.  Therefore, the file certainly comes
with IE3.02 or later.

Quote:
> ADVAPI32.DLL is a member of the base Win32 API.  It quite possibly is
> illegal to just email you a copy.  Further, being a member of the Win32
API,
> it might nuke your system if you installed the wrong version (Like the NT
> version on a 95 box; I don't know for certain, though).  If you want the
> latest version, you're best bet is probably to download the latest Service
> Pack from Microsoft for your OS.  My Win95B copy of that file has a
product
> name including MS Plus!, so you could probably also get it from Plus!.

> Doing a binary examination of the file, I see a bunch of Functions called
> Crypt*.  I'm not sure, but if this is a file containing part (or all) of
> Microsoft's Crypto API, then you could probably also get this file from
> Internet Explorer and anything else that Microsoft uses that requires the
> Crypto API.  Of course, there is also the possibility that those functions
> are just base OS functions for hashing and saving Windows Passwords, in
> which case IE probably won't include it.

--
Howard Henry 'Gawyn Ballpeen' Schlunder
Gawyn Developments; Core developer
http://venus.ajusd.org/~hschlund/

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADVAPI32.DLL 05-08-98 or newer
Thanks guys, you were absolutely correct.

I still think this is  doing it the hard way.  There isn't a site that

has all the latest libraries(I don't think this is spelt right, but I
need to install office 97 to get my speller to work with IE5)  that
you can compare and download versions as needed.  Or even better just
run a program that compares and downloads and registers the
latest.  But I guess it is all part of MicroSofts plan to rule even
more of the world, by making you download a 9.3 meg program
to get a stupid .dll.

Well, thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Barry

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 23:56:40 -0700, "Howard Henry Schlunder"

Quote:

>Hmm, I just read some info in my MSDN Library.  It turns out that file does
>for certain contain the Crypto API.  Therefore, the file certainly comes
>with IE3.02 or later.

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADVAPI32.DLL 05-08-98 or newer

Quote:
> has all the latest libraries(I don't think this is spelt right, but I
> need to install office 97 to get my speller to work with IE5)  that
> you can compare and download versions as needed.  Or even better just
> run a program that compares and downloads and registers the
> latest.

There is such a thing.  It is called Windows Update.  To the best of my
knowledge, it was Microsoft's plan to release it for NT and 95 as well as
98, but the DOJ stopped them.

For someone else to make something like that (but better, including stray
DLLs) would be illegal.  Microsoft is, after all, the copyright holder of
all their software.

--
Howard Henry 'Gawyn Ballpeen' Schlunder
Gawyn Developments; Core developer
http://venus.ajusd.org/~hschlund/

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. The Access Web - Updates 5-8-98

2. C++ or VB Programmer Analyst - Dallas, TX 5/8/98 2:32:47 PM

3. Can't find DLL entry point OpenEventLog in advapi32.dll

4. Advapi32.dll

5. Help using advapi32.dll

6. Accessing the registry using advapi32.dll

7. Accessing the registry using advapi32.dll

8. GPF in AdvApi32.Dll - Help Anyone?

9. advapi32.dll

10. Advapi32.dll -- GetUserName not working

11. Advapi32.dll -- GetUserName not working

12. API Call - advapi32.dll