HELP! - Display Resolutions - Form/Controls Display in diff. resolutions
Author Message
 HELP! - Display Resolutions - Form/Controls Display in diff. resolutions

I have been tearing my hair out on this - please help!

Using VB4,
I am trying to develop forms/controls graphically, and use some scaling
code in
Form_Load() to read the current resolution, & automatically scale the form
(in the screen), and the controls (in the form).

the development is in 800*600 (small fonts), which shows 12000*9000 twips
(I used the Screen.Height & Width to determine this). So I am using a
scaling factor to locate the top, left, height & width of the form by
multiplying the values set during development with the ratio of the
current screen.height/9000, and current screen.width/12000.

I noticed that when I set the top to 100 (during design), & run the form,
and then look up Top in the Properties box, I see 105. Clearly, its
rounding to the nearest pixel. Further, when I programmatically display
the valeu of Top, I see 150, though when I exit and get back in design
mode, I see 105 for Top in the Properties box.

Further, when I change the resolution to 640*480, the value of Top in the
Properties box changes. None of this seems documented anywhere, & I am
trying to figure out what's happening. Ideally, I want to scale the form
within the screen (using screen.height & width) and the controls within
the form (using form.scaleheight & scalewidth). Form everything I have
read, it should work. But it doesn't.

Bala.

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. form/control size and display resolution in Access97

2. Resizing forms and controls to fit with screen display resolution

3. HELP! How to display Forms in different resolutions

4. Help resizing forms for diff. Screen Resolutions

5. Any technique to display window form in different screen resolution

6. Display Resolution Independent Forms

7. Display resolution and control scaling.

8. Help with Quicktime VR and display resolution

9. Display resolution. Help me please

10. Retrieving display information (screen resolution)

11. Changing Display Resolution with Access Code ?

12. Detecting Screen/Display Resolution or Settings