HELP: Classes for OLE2 Structured Storage
Author Message
 HELP: Classes for OLE2 Structured Storage

I'd like to use OLE2 structured storage files in an OLE Client + OLE
servers I'm developing.  As always, rather than reinvent, I'd like to
reuse.

Does anyone have/know where I can find VB4 classes that wrap around
the OLE2 structured storage API.  I'd especially like to find source
for Storage and Stream classes 8-)

-----------------------------------------------+------------------------
(41) "Immature artists imitate. Mature artists | Steve Bateman

                                               +------------------------

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Classes for OLE2 Structured Storage

Quote:

> I'd like to use OLE2 structured storage files in an OLE Client + OLE
> servers I'm developing.  As always, rather than reinvent, I'd like to
> reuse.

Check out the following file (from Carl and Gary's VB Page):
        http://www.apexsc.com/vb/ftp/misc/storeit.zip

I haven't used it yet... so I can't speak for it's functionality.  You
could also look at StorageWorks from Desaware, but this will dent your
wallet a little more (if memory serves, storeit is free)...

Geoff
====================================
      "I brake for MCSD's..."
------------------------------------
The Knowledge Base is YOUR FRIEND!!!
    http://www.microsoft.com/kb/
====================================

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Classes for OLE2 Structured Storage

Quote:

> > I'd like to use OLE2 structured storage files in an OLE Client + OLE
> > servers I'm developing.  As always, rather than reinvent, I'd like to
> > reuse.
> Check out the following file (from Carl and Gary's VB Page):
>         http://www.apexsc.com/vb/ftp/misc/storeit.zip

Wow!  Now I'm set for the Win95/NT client, but still not for the 3.x
client - any ideas anyone?

Quote:
> You could also look at StorageWorks from Desaware, but this will
> dent your wallet a little more

At $129, too much -- wonder if they'd release an OLE storage control
(only) for a lot less ...
-----------------------------------------------+------------------------
(17) "The secret of being happy is not in      | Steve Bateman

does." ~~ James M. Barrie                      +------------------------

Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help find a demo Structured Storage OCX

2. OLE2 crash using shdocvw.dll under W95 (OLE2!65f0bea4)

3. Structured Storage with .NET

4. Structured Storage

5. Structured Storage

6. Structured Storage