Wordwrap and BackColor in Command Buttons?
Author Message
 Wordwrap and BackColor in Command Buttons?

Hello.

Is there any way to enable wordwrap in a command button?
In a similar vein, is there a way for the text to be arranged vertically?

Also, I know there's a BackColor property for Command Buttons, but when I
choose a BackColor, nothing changes, same old gray command button color...
anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

BTW, I'm using VB 3.0 Standard edition.

       Mark

--

*** Carter Computer Solutions  Voice/Fax: 934-1413 ***
*** Sharp Cash Registers and Hospitality Systems   ***

Tue, 08 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Wordwrap and BackColor in Command Buttons?

Hi Mark,

Yeah, buttons are kinda limited in what you can do. I guess Micro$oft in
its wisdom has decided that programmers don't know how to design UIs so
they're keeping us in line by not letting us get wild with colours and
text.

Anyway, I usually use the Sheridan 3D tool - threed.vbx (which I believe
would have shipped as part of your VB 3.0). It has a nice panel control
which you can make look like a button with bevelled borders. But it also
lets you word wrap and align text to the left or right and change colour.
You might want to check it out.

Quote:
> Hello.

> Is there any way to enable wordwrap in a command button?
> In a similar vein, is there a way for the text to be arranged vertically?

> Also, I know there's a BackColor property for Command Buttons, but when I
> choose a BackColor, nothing changes, same old gray command button
color...
> anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

> BTW, I'm using VB 3.0 Standard edition.

>        Mark

Tue, 08 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. backcolor command button problem

2. BackColor of Command button

3. Command Button Backcolor (VB3)

4. How to change backcolor for Command Buttons

5. Command Button Backcolor

6. BackColor Property on Command Button

7. Backcolor of Command-Button

8. Setting Backcolor on Command Buttons

9. Setting Backcolor on Command Buttons

10. Visual Basic 4.0 - 2 Questions - Command Button Backcolor, Public Statement

11. Command button BackColor

12. Need help setting backcolor property of command button control in VB5