Setting Date and Time of Files
Author Message
 Setting Date and Time of Files

We need the ability to set the date and time of certain data files for our
Y2K remediation.  Is there a VB function that will do this?  Do I need to
use a Windows API call?

Is there a third party util that will do this?

Thanks,
Bryan

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Date and Time of Files
Bryan -
     You can use the SetFileTime API to set the time stamps for
individual files, but it does involve opening the file, translating the
VB date into a FILETIME structure, etc.  Look around on
www.mvps.org/vbnet for starters.

     Our Stamina library offers the function DxTouchFiles, which accepts
wildcards and can optionally set any or all of a file's 3 time stamps,
given a VB date.  This is just one of about 400 routines in the library,
all written in 32-bit ASM for use with VB and VBA.  And it's y2K
compliant :-)

--
     Jim Mack
     MicroDexterity, Inc

     http://www.microdexterity.com

Quote:

>We need the ability to set the date and time of certain data files for
our
>Y2K remediation.  Is there a VB function that will do this?  Do I need
>use a Windows API call?

>Is there a third party util that will do this?

>Thanks,
>Bryan

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Get and set file date and time stamps

2. Setting a file date/time vb6?

3. How To: set file date & time created

4. Setting file date/time from Visual Basic

5. File Modification Date/Time - grabbing and setting

6. How to set File Modified Date/Time in VB App

7. Need to set file date/time

8. Setting file date/time stamp

9. Setting File date/time

10. Setting File Date and Time