Help File Creation Tools - Free !!
Author Message
 Help File Creation Tools - Free !!

Does anyone know of any FREE Help File creation tools and the sites where
they can be downloaded.

When I say free I mean free, not ripped off.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter D

Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help File Creation Tools - Free !!
"Peter Duerden"

on Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:49:14 -0000 generating the
following:

Quote:
>Does anyone know of any FREE Help File creation tools and the sites where
>they can be downloaded.

>When I say free I mean free, not ripped off.

>Thanks in anticipation.

>Peter D

Don't you get one with VB?

Drac

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help File Creation Tools - Free !!
Yes and no.

The help compiler included does compile help files, but requires the user to
learn another language. Also if the user does not have MSWord a whole lot
more learning is required.

There are templates for MSWord that makes the task a bit easier.
What6 for MSWord6 however I have Office97 which has Word8 and some of the
macros needed tweaked to run the macros and yet its still buggy.

I would offer a few sharewares if I thought they were any good, but I don't
so I'm still working on one of my own.

Don't let me discourage him though, Try the sharewares yourself and see if
there is something you like.

Happy Help Authoring

Quote:

>"Peter Duerden"

>on Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:49:14 -0000 generating the
>following:

>>Does anyone know of any FREE Help File creation tools and the sites where
>>they can be downloaded.

>>When I say free I mean free, not ripped off.

>>Thanks in anticipation.

>>Peter D

>Don't you get one with VB?

>Drac

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sprite creation tools to replace Media Architects tools

2. Sprite creation tools to replace Media Architects tools

3. Database Tool Creation Help

4. Free tool : right-click CRC32 file checksums (this is an ad for interested programmers)

5. ANNOUNCE: CSDiff 2.0 -- Free File and Folder Comparison Tool

6. ANNOUNCE: CSDiff 1.2 -- Free File Comparison Tool

7. ANNOUNCE: CSDiff – Free file comparison tool

8. Free help authoring tool! VB HelpWriter version 3.0

9. Free HTML Help Tool, works great with VB6

10. Free VB HelpWriter software and updatees (help authoring tool)

11. Free help authoring tool! VB HelpWriter version 3.0