opening txt file
Author Message
 opening txt file

what will be the syntax for opening(from VB 4.0) a txt file inside notepad.

I know how to open notepad:
RetVal = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE", 1)   ' Run Notepad. from VB

but how do I open my_file.txt (that is in the c:/windows directory)
 inside notepad on the same command.

please mail me
thanks Avi

Thu, 04 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 opening txt file

Try :-

RetVal = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE filename" , 1) ' Run Notepad.
from VB

Quote:

>what will be the syntax for opening(from VB 4.0) a txt file inside notepad.
>I know how to open notepad:
>RetVal = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE", 1)       ' Run Notepad. from VB
>but how do I open my_file.txt (that is in the c:/windows directory)
> inside notepad on the same command.
>please mail me
>thanks Avi

Derrick

(http://www.king.u-net.com)
|\  /\  /|
|*\/**\/*|
----------
When the going gets tough, its time to go home

Thu, 04 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 opening txt file

Try this:

RetVal = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE myfile.txt", 1)

--
Matthew
www.mattshouse.com

purpose, without express consent of the addressee is a
violation of US Law (see below).

Permission to use the above Email address for soliciation
purposes may be granted by the addressee for a fee of
US $1000.00.  Use of this address for solicitation or
other purposes constitutes agreement to these terms.
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine.  By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited adverti{*filter*}t to such equipment.  By
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever
is greater, for each violation."

Quote:
> what will be the syntax for opening(from VB 4.0) a txt file inside
notepad.

> I know how to open notepad:
> RetVal = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE", 1)      ' Run Notepad. from VB

> but how do I open my_file.txt (that is in the c:/windows directory)
>  inside notepad on the same command.

> please mail me
> thanks Avi

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question: Opening .txt file with vba

2. open txt file and read strings

3. Opening .txt file in BASIC

4. Newbie Here...Need Simple Code to Open txt file

5. How to open *.txt file

6. Help in opening TXT files

7. Opening TXT file on a server

8. Opening Txt Files

9. Open TXT files in Visual Basic

10. Adding .TXT files to a VB program without the .TXT file

11. opening a .txt file in ASP

12. open a txt file for the user to view and read