MSComm / Serial data request
Author Message
 MSComm / Serial data request

Hi,

I have a need to write some code which will sit and listen on Comm port
1 and simply send any data received on Comm port 1 out to Comm port 2.

I have got something working but now and again it loses some of the
incoming data so it does not get sent out.

I wonder if anyone has done this before and would care to either share
the code snippet or suggest a way to achieve this, please.

Many thanks for any replies.

Peter

Mon, 09 May 2005 17:19:16 GMT
 MSComm / Serial data request
post what you find.
I'm also having weird comm flagging/handshaking problems.
Programs that read the port from the same routine that opened it
seem to work.  Must be a clue in there somewhere.
mike

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have a need to write some code which will sit and listen on Comm port
> 1 and simply send any data received on Comm port 1 out to Comm port 2.

> I have got something working but now and again it loses some of the
> incoming data so it does not get sent out.

> I wonder if anyone has done this before and would care to either share
> the code snippet or suggest a way to achieve this, please.

> Many thanks for any replies.

> Peter

Tek 2465, TFT projector, ham radio, 30pS pulser
Tektronix Concept Books...

Mon, 09 May 2005 18:16:50 GMT

1. MSCOMM and packetized serial data

2. MSCOMM - Port data, Mscomm no data

3. MSComm -- serial/modem goes off line

4. simple serial communication - mscomm.ocx

5. MSComm and USB Serial Adapter problem

6. mscomm - send/receive from serial port

7. Serial communication using MSCOMM

8. Mscomm in VB60 serial input help

9. MSComm and USB Serial Adapters

10. serial communication and MSCOMM

11. ?MSCOMM - Read Signals From Serial Ports

12. VB Serial Comms without MSCOMM