MSFlexGrid Control - Sorting Question
Author Message
 MSFlexGrid Control - Sorting Question

I am using the MSFlexGrid control in an app and I want to sort on
non-adjacent columns... I have an 8 column grid, and I'd like the user to be
able to select 2 or more columns (again, non-adjacent) to sort the rows by.

Any help would be appreciated. Please email replies.

thanks,
Frank

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MSFlexGrid Control - Sorting Question
Hi there!

Maybe you can help me.

I use MSFlex without database.
When I'm setting the row-property, it will work correctly,
but if this row is out of the screen, MSFlex will not
show the row.

What can I do to show rows automatically?

Thank you,

Thosten
Germany

Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MSFlexGrid Control - Sorting Question

Quote:

> I am using the MSFlexGrid control in an app and I want to sort on
> non-adjacent columns... I have an 8 column grid, and I'd like the user to be
> able to select 2 or more columns (again, non-adjacent) to sort the rows by.

> Any help would be appreciated. Please email replies.

No way that I know of, unless you requery your database with an ORDER BY
clause and re-populate your thing.

But again, how do you select two columns in FlexGrid ?

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MSFlexGrid Control - Sorting Question
What about the Idea about the hidden column in the help file

Begin help file
The Sort property always sorts entire rows. The range to be sorted is
specified by setting the Row and RowSel properties. If Row and RowSel are
the same, MSFlexGrid assumes that you want to sort all nonfixed rows.
The keys used for sorting are determined by the Col and ColSel properties,
always from the left to the right. For example, if Col = 3 and ColSel = 1,
the sort would be done according to the contents of columns 1, then 2, then
3.
The method used to compare the rows is determined by the setting, as
explained above. The 9 (Custom) setting is the most flexible, since it fires
the Compare event that allows you to compare rows in any way you want, using
any columns in any order (see the Compare event for details). However, this
method is also much slower that the others, typically by a factor of ten, so
it should be used only when really necessary.
An alternative to using the 9 (Custom) setting is to create an invisible
column, fill it with the keys, then sort based on it with one of the other
settings. This is a very good approach for sorting based on dates, for
example.
End help file

Quote:

>> I am using the MSFlexGrid control in an app and I want to sort on
>> non-adjacent columns... I have an 8 column grid, and I'd like the user to
be
>> able to select 2 or more columns (again, non-adjacent) to sort the rows
by.

>> Any help would be appreciated. Please email replies.

>No way that I know of, unless you requery your database with an ORDER BY
>clause and re-populate your thing.

>But again, how do you select two columns in FlexGrid ?

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSFlexGrid Sort Question

2. MSFlexgrid control, sorting

3. Sorting in MSFlexGrid Control

4. Question about editing recordset using MSFlexGrid bound to a Data control

5. A little question about MSFlexGrid control

6. MSFlexGrid Control Question

7. MSFlexGrid Control Question

8. Question about Msflexgrid and DBgrid control

9. Question about MSflexgrid and DBgrid control....

10. MSFlexGrid control and testing emptiness in an object (2 questions)

11. VB5's MSFlexGrid Control Question

12. msflexgrid sorting and unlinking