Help - VB 5.0 Enterprise IDE is screwed!
Author Message
 Help - VB 5.0 Enterprise IDE is screwed!

Quote:

> Help!  Now when I'm in a project, when I goto Project/Components, I get
> an error:

> System Error &H80004002 (-2147467262) No such interface supported.

> I've uninstalled/reinstalled VB 3times...uninstalled NuMega,
> Installshield, Visual Sourcesafe..and still no luck!  Do I need to
> reinstall windows too???

> TIA,

> Erik

Look for COMCAT.DLL everywhere on your system. The one you want
is version 4.71 and is about 22K. It is on your VB 5.O CD. If
you find Version 5.0 which is about 6K that is your trouble.

I had the the same problem and also reinstalled VB
at least once. Reinstalling does not fix the problem as the CD
has version 4.71 which will not replace version 5.0

I finally searched www.microsoft.com for the error number and found
an article with the fix.

George
GridLinx Software, Visual Basic 5.0 Productivity Tools
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help - VB 5.0 Enterprise IDE is screwed!
Help!  Now when I'm in a project, when I goto Project/Components, I get
an error:

System Error &H80004002 (-2147467262) No such interface supported.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled VB 3times...uninstalled NuMega,
Installshield, Visual Sourcesafe..and still no luck!  Do I need to
reinstall windows too???

TIA,

Erik

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help - VB 5.0 Enterprise IDE is screwed!
I had that problem once too...  I reinstalled the service pack and it
went away (VSSP3) for me. I don't know if this will help you, but it's
a suggestion.

Quote:
>Help!  Now when I'm in a project, when I goto Project/Components, I get
>an error:

>System Error &H80004002 (-2147467262) No such interface supported.

>I've uninstalled/reinstalled VB 3times...uninstalled NuMega,
>Installshield, Visual Sourcesafe..and still no luck!  Do I need to
>reinstall windows too???

>TIA,

>Erik

Some Dude

All good comments and others to: sin 666 at iname dot com

"Beer: Nectar of the Gods."
        - Unknown

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

2. PLEASE HELP, buy VB 5.0 Enterprise or Profesionnal

3. web page with V.B 5.0 Enterprise, HELP

4. VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

5. VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

6. help: vb 5.0 enterprise, ado, and sql server 6.5 readtext, writetext

7. VB CCE/5.0 Enterprise Help

8. Migrating from VB 3.0 to VB 5.0 Enterprise

9. Looking for differences between Visual Basic 5.0 enterprise and Visual Basic 5.0 Profesional

10. VB 5.0 Prof vs Enterprise