Migrating from QuickBasic 4.5 to Visual Basic 5.0
Author Message
 Migrating from QuickBasic 4.5 to Visual Basic 5.0

 I'm an experienced Basic programmer.  Took it in college, and been
messing with ever since the old TRS-80 days.  My favorite flavor has
been QuickBasic 4.5 and PDS 7.1   What books would you recommend to
make the transition from QuickBasic 4.5/PDS 7.1 to Visual Basic 5.0 as
quick and painless as possible?

Thanks,
Charlie

The All Basic Code HomePage
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Migrating from QuickBasic 4.5 to Visual Basic 5.0

Charlie,

=) d00d, sorry man but I was an old qbuff myself. There is no similarity. haha
I mean do-loops, while-wends, sleect-cases and all that are still around. You
kow tha vb language ... However OOP or Objected Oriented Programming is going
to be a whole new wonderful experience for you. =)

I would grab a 21 day book to get you familiar with vb5's work enviorment and
to kind of get you going, I like the blue ones myself. And if you can find it,
The Visual Guide To Visual Basic 5. I have it for 4 and 99% of the shit is the
same. It is an awesome book that breaks down every lil function for you and
shows you all kinds of neat tricks.

Good Luck

~Graham

Sat, 10 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting Quick Basic 4.5 to Visual Basic 5.0

2. In search of QuickBasic 4.5 *or* Basic PDS 7.1

3. Looking for differences between Visual Basic 5.0 enterprise and Visual Basic 5.0 Profesional

4. QB 4.5/Basic PDS 7.1/Visual Basic Consultants Available

5. QB 4.5/Basic PDS 7.1/Visual Basic Consultants Available

6. QUICK BASIC 4.5 ASIC 5.0

7. Can I use Visual Foxpro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

8. Calling Visual C++ 5.0 DLL Functions From Visual Basic 5.0

9. Wanted: Programmer to migrate QB 4.5 App to VB6

10. Accessing database files from QBasic 4.5, Visual Basic for DOS

11. QBasic 4.5 and Visual Basic 3.0

12. QBasic 4.5 and Visual Basic 3.0