Internet Transfer Control & proxy server authentication
Author Message
 Internet Transfer Control & proxy server authentication

Hi,

We have an app written in VB6 using the Internet Transfer Control ("ITC")
for connection to our web site. One of our customers has a proxy server
which should be no problem since the ITC has proxy server properties:

form.Inet1.AccessType = icNamedProxy
form.Inet1.Proxy = "192.168.0.3:80"    ' server name : port

The wrinkle in this case is that this customers' proxy server requires
authentiation (username/password). I have exhausted the Microsoft
KnowledgeBase to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob
----------------------------------
Rob Scott
Chief Technology Officer
EventBooking.com
215 Center Park Drive
Suite 1701
Knoxville, Tennessee 37922
Voice +1.865.966.4900
Toll-free 1-888-249-6043 (USA)
Fax +1.865.671.2732
Web http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control & proxy server authentication
Rob,

I do believe that you can use the  ITC's "username" and "password"
properties to authenticate to a proxy server.

form1.inet1.UserName = "username"
form1.inet1.Password = "password"

...dave

Quote:
> Hi,

> We have an app written in VB6 using the Internet Transfer Control ("ITC")
> for connection to our web site. One of our customers has a proxy server
> which should be no problem since the ITC has proxy server properties:

> form.Inet1.AccessType = icNamedProxy
> form.Inet1.Proxy = "192.168.0.3:80"    ' server name : port

> The wrinkle in this case is that this customers' proxy server requires
> authentiation (username/password). I have exhausted the Microsoft
> KnowledgeBase to no avail.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,
> Rob
> ----------------------------------
> Rob Scott
> Chief Technology Officer
> EventBooking.com
> 215 Center Park Drive
> Suite 1701
> Knoxville, Tennessee 37922
> Voice +1.865.966.4900
> Toll-free 1-888-249-6043 (USA)
> Fax +1.865.671.2732
> Web http://www.eventbooking.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Internet Transfer Control & proxy server authentication
Thanks! I think that will do it.
Rob

Quote:
> Rob,

> I do believe that you can use the  ITC's "username" and "password"
> properties to authenticate to a proxy server.

> form1.inet1.UserName = "username"
> form1.inet1.Password = "password"

> ...dave

> > Hi,

> > We have an app written in VB6 using the Internet Transfer Control
("ITC")
> > for connection to our web site. One of our customers has a proxy server
> > which should be no problem since the ITC has proxy server properties:

> > form.Inet1.AccessType = icNamedProxy
> > form.Inet1.Proxy = "192.168.0.3:80"    ' server name : port

> > The wrinkle in this case is that this customers' proxy server requires
> > authentiation (username/password). I have exhausted the Microsoft
> > KnowledgeBase to no avail.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks,
> > Rob
> > ----------------------------------
> > Rob Scott
> > Chief Technology Officer
> > EventBooking.com
> > 215 Center Park Drive
> > Suite 1701
> > Knoxville, Tennessee 37922
> > Voice +1.865.966.4900
> > Toll-free 1-888-249-6043 (USA)
> > Fax +1.865.671.2732
> > Web http://www.eventbooking.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Internet Transfer Control & Proxy Authentication

2. Internet Transfer Control & Proxy Servers

3. Proxy Servers With Internet Transfer Control.

4. use Internet transfer control ftp through proxy server

5. Proxy Server and the Internet Transfer Control

6. Internet Transfer Control using a Proxy Server

7. Internet Transfer Control and Firewall (proxy server)

8. Establishing an internet connection from behind an authentication proxy server

9. Authentication using the Internet Transfer Control

10. Internet Transfer Control and authentication

11. Authentication using the Internet Transfer Control

12. Internet Transfer Control No acces trough Proxy(wingate)