ftp of Microsoft Visual Basic Program files
Author Message
 ftp of Microsoft Visual Basic Program files

Program files>Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 23:59:57 GMT

Quote:
>How does one send Microsoft Visual Basic V.3 Program files via ftp.
>I have tried to send the binary files and the ascii text files, but
>when the remote site tries to run them, the program says it can't load
>the forms.
>Thomas E. Watts
>Subject: ftp of Microsoft Visual Basic Program files
>Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 23:59:57 GMT
>How does one send Microsoft Visual Basic V.3 Program files via ftp.
>I have tried to send the binary files and the ascii text files, but
>when the remote site tries to run them, the program says it can't load
>the forms.
>Thomas E. Watts

I would say that the easiest way is to PKZIP the files.

If you are just shipping the .EXE you only need to ZIP:
VBRUN300.DLL
YOURNAME.EXE

and any .VBX's that you used.

If you want to ship the source code the .ZIP all the .FRM's .BAS and the .MAK

Then FTP the .ZIP as BINARY.

You can even use ZIP2EXE to ship a self extracting .ZIP
-Michael Berger

Sat, 26 Jul 1997 02:46:45 GMT

1. Microsoft Visual Basic v3.0 Professional/Microsoft Visual Basic Assistant v3

2. A FTP-program understanding Visual Basic?

3. Visual Basic FTP Program

4. Programming Microsoft Agent in Visual Basic

5. converting microsoft access program to visual basic 4.0

6. Programming Microsoft Agent in Visual Basic

7. Microsoft Access Reports In Visual Basic Program

8. Programming Visual Basic with Microsoft Transaction Server

9. Programming Visual Basic with Microsoft Transaction Server

10. Programming Visual Basic with Microsoft Transaction Server

11. Programming Microsoft Agent in Visual Basic

12. FTP a file from an Access module using Visual Basic language