GUID's & VB5
Author Message
 GUID's & VB5

Hi there

I am having some problems with a client application that is referencing an
ActiveX DLL that I have developed.  If I compile the DLL, then reference it
in my client application, then compile the client application it works
fine.  However if I change the DLL (implementation and not interface) and
re-compile it, it generates a new GUID and the client will not work unless
I recompile it as well.  Obviously this will cause problems when the
finsihed system is distributed to my users.  I have developed a DLL with
delphi (sorry for the D word) and it does not generate a new GUID everytime
you re-compile it.  Any ideas on how I can stop VB5 generating a new GUID??

Thanks in advance
Ian

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 GUID's & VB5

Quote:

> Hi there

> I am having some problems with a client application that is referencing an
> ActiveX DLL that I have developed.  If I compile the DLL, then reference it
> in my client application, then compile the client application it works
> fine.  However if I change the DLL (implementation and not interface) and
> re-compile it, it generates a new GUID and the client will not work unless
> I recompile it as well.  Obviously this will cause problems when the
> finsihed system is distributed to my users.  I have developed a DLL with
> Delphi (sorry for the D word) and it does not generate a new GUID everytime
> you re-compile it.  Any ideas on how I can stop VB5 generating a new GUID??

> Thanks in advance
> Ian

In the properties for your project, check on Binary Compatible (in the
Component tab). This will insure that a new class ID will not be
created. This will NOT work properly if you change any of your methods.

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. AddNew with a GUID - can't get back the GUID

2. GUID's in VB5.0

3. Error: 'Malformed GUID in query expression ...'

4. sorry but again: GUID and AUTONUMBER (not GUID only, not AUTONUMBER only, but both)

5. To GUID or not to GUID...

6. How to convert a GUID string to a GUID data type

7. Using a GUID as a Primary Key or indexing a GUID

8. GUID - Reading the GUID of a file

9. Observations: ADO & GUID Inconsistencies

10. CLSID & GUID with VB

11. Observations: ADO & GUID Inconsistencies

12. Observations: ADO & GUID Inconsistencies