Message Blaster VBX
Author Message
 Message Blaster VBX

I'm trying to use the MSGBLAST.VBX to work with icons in the system tray
area.  Using 32-bit VB 4.0, Enterprise edition, whenever I go into Custom
Controls and try to add the MSGBLAST.VBX file, I get a message stating that
the selecting contol cannot be added.  What am I doing wrong?  The VBX file
is in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory, just like it should be, but I can't
load it.

Any help would be most appreciated!!

--
-Tracy McKibben, New Concord, Ohio

Sat, 10 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Message Blaster VBX

Quote:
> I'm trying to use the MSGBLAST.VBX to work with icons in the system tray
> area.  Using 32-bit VB 4.0, Enterprise edition, whenever I go into Custom
> Controls and try to add the MSGBLAST.VBX file, I get a message stating that
> the selecting contol cannot be added.  What am I doing wrong?  The VBX file
> is in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory, just like it should be, but I can't
> load it.

VBX's aren't going to work in your 32-bit version of VB4, just the
32bit OCX's. If you want the 16bit VBX to work, you'll need to use
VB1-2-3, or VB4-16 -- and don't waste your time upgrading to VB5.

HTH,
Brand

Computer Consultant,       WWW  : http://www.engr.orst.edu/~huntbr
Information Services       Phone: None, yet.

       "My signature is over the recommended four lines."

Sat, 10 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Message Blaster VBX

Quote:

> I'm trying to use the MSGBLAST.VBX to work with icons in the system tray
> area.  Using 32-bit VB 4.0, Enterprise edition, whenever I go into Custom
> Controls and try to add the MSGBLAST.VBX file, I get a message stating

Try the program MSGHOOK.  It comes in 32 and 16 bit ocx's

Have fun
Neil

--

This message came to you from Parkie's hanger and Garage
22 Taylor Street,Ohauiti

Home Page: http://202.20.65.15/client/personal/parkie/

Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Message Blaster VBX

If you are using the 32 bit version of VB4 then you cannot use .vbx
controls. These controls are 16 bit controls. You can use them in the 16
bit version of VB4. You can also use 16 bit .ocx controls. The difference
between the .vbx controls and .ocx controls is that the .ocx controls take
advantage of VB4's use of OLE. I am only running VB4 32 bit Standard but I
believe it's the same for the Enterprise edition. Check your manual. I hope
this helps.

Frank Vanhoof

Quote:
> I'm trying to use the MSGBLAST.VBX to work with icons in the system tray
> area.  Using 32-bit VB 4.0, Enterprise edition, whenever I go into Custom
> Controls and try to add the MSGBLAST.VBX file, I get a message stating
that
> the selecting contol cannot be added.  What am I doing wrong?  The VBX
file
> is in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory, just like it should be, but I can't
> load it.

> Any help would be most appreciated!!

> --
> -Tracy McKibben, New Concord, Ohio

Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Message Blaster VBX

2. How to block screen saver using Message Blaster VBX under VB4 ?

3. Tracking Windows DDE Messages with Message Blaster

4. VBX for video blaster

5. Q:...of blaster.vbx and status bars

6. VBX for video blaster

7. midi vbx for sound blaster

8. Does Message Blaster OCX work with Access 2 ?

9. Download Message Blaster

10. Download Message Blaster

11. Message Blaster

12. Message blaster control